How to adjust the "stage recovery distance from KSC" modifier?

I have been trying to adjust the "distance from KSC stage recovery reimbursement" modifier, but it isn't in the settings or in the persistent file or anywhere obvious. Am I missing something here? I would like to adjust it so that landing far from KSC still gives a penalty, but not as harsh of one. Any suggestions?

I am also using Stage Recovery mod, to make recovery of stages easier. I was also hoping the mod had a distance modifier in it, but after an hour of adjusting the mod's settings and relaunching the game to test, it seems there is not. 

KSP 1.3.1 modded, modlist available upon request. 

Edited by JakeSublime
Additional information

On 5/26/2019 at 8:25 PM, JakeSublime said:

I have been trying to adjust the "distance from KSC stage recovery reimbursement" modifier, but it isn't in the settings or in the persistent file or anywhere obvious. Am I missing something here? I would like to adjust it so that landing far from KSC still gives a penalty, but not as harsh of one. Any suggestions?

I am also using Stage Recovery mod, to make recovery of stages easier. I was also hoping the mod had a distance modifier in it, but after an hour of adjusting the mod's settings and relaunching the game to test, it seems there is not. 

KSP 1.3.1 modded, modlist available upon request. 

You can change that by using the transponder strategy option in the administration building.

@edwin.robert This is not what I'm looking for. I would like to change the % rate at which funds are given back to the player for recovered stages to +66% (roughly) that of the current setting. 

For example, if 50km from KSC refunds the player 50% funds for stage recovery, I would like to change that to 50% + 66% of 50%, equaling 83%. So max distance from KSC would still refund the player roughly 70% funds or so, instead of 30% or 40% (or whatever it is). 

The above is just an example, I basically just want to change the games parameter for funds returned to player for stage recovery based on distance. So, where is the game storing the equation to turn distance + stage cost in to refund?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.