New update 1.7.1

Hi guys I just have a few questions. This update was just released and I was just testing it. https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/1.7.1. I personality have bad experiences updating the game as it makes it more unplayable and not sure if its caused by my screen, computer, or something. I Enjoy the new features and bugfixes but ive been updating since 1.6 or below or something, I have a very old savefile. The last patch was 1.7.0 and It was a big constant 11sec delay on loading. However ive been playing it and its bearable so its not to bad. Ive made a chose to just stick to the patch that I like and decided not to update anymore.

The new patch that just came today 1.7.1 I was smart and downloaded to a separate folder so it doesn't effect my old save file from 1.7.0. I tested and it seems more delay 22sec delay or so on the load screen, not even sure why. I guess I wont patch my game there. This wasnt the case in older patch. Regardless ive read and heard about the New DLC and looks pretty interesting, its perfect timing for me to stop and enjoy footages from players playing the DLC.

Personality Im gonna be very happy staying at 1.7.0 till I get a better computer or something.

My question is the 1.7.1 Breaking Ground included as well? I thought this was suppose to be a separate dlc, im confused. Nvm i found the answer

Edited by ShadowElite

9 hours ago, ShadowElite said:

My question is the 1.7.1 Breaking Ground included as well? I thought this was suppose to be a separate dlc, im confused. Nvm i found the answer

Even though you mention you've found the answer, I'll go ahead and answer it anyway, in case anyone else is wondering the same thing.

• KSP 1.7.1 is a free update to the stock game.  This free update does not include Breaking Ground itself, but it does add some useful game features, notably axis groups and switchable action sets.
  • Breaking Ground is the new DLC, which costs money and is sold separately.  It includes robotics and new stuff for the surface of planets.  It requires KSP be updated to 1.7.1 to be able to install.

3 hours ago, Snark said:
  • KSP 1.7.1 is a free update to the stock game.  This free update does not include Breaking Ground itself, but it does add some useful game features, notably axis groups and switchable action sets.

Probably more for tutorial section, but what is "switchable action sets"? (my understanding for axis groups means can control things by WSAD for example)

1 hour ago, Jestersage said:

Probably more for tutorial section, but what is "switchable action sets"? (my understanding for axis groups means can control things by WSAD for example)

You now have multiple complete sets of action groups. Action groups are "brakes, lights, gear, abort, custom #1, custom #2, etc." With F6/F7, you can change which set of action groups you want active.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.