[Stock] The Fragosus Project - A station for the future

Due to a shortage of possible ways for Kerbals to die, the KSP decided to initiate low-orbit space station project. The Fragosus Project was met with many failures early on. The power required to get these stations into orbit was so immense that the lift vehicles would simply crush themselves. After many attempts to redesign the launch vehicle, and 21 fatalities during testing, the Fragosus-1 made it into orbit. Shortly after Fragosus-1 achieved orbit, the moment of truth arrived. Could these stations remain stable during crew transfer? After a half hour of deadly maneuvers, the answer arrived. Matlin Kerman of the first crew aboard the Fragosus-1 station reported from the Armstrong EPL meant to bring him home saying "The new crew is safely aboard." Matlin returned to Kerbin only a few kilometers from KSC. It was then discovered that the others on his crew had died during EVA activities. This was still counted as a success due to the original goal of the project.

zpP3B.png

WQTPi.png

7ZEgY.jpg

YBBlA.png

L8Y2p.png

I did create a logo for this project much like I did for Singularity a long time ago, however I can't seem to find a way to shrink the image down on this new forum. Here it is as an external link.

http://i.imgur.com/eJKPd.jpg

Edited by randyrules711

Wow, nice work!

Perhaps build a Mark 2 Eh? ;)

The next design will include a docking station. For now I'm just building a network of stations in low orbit. The next generation will orbit at double the altitude of the Fragosus and will be able to house 6 kerbals when the dock is filled.

any mods? download links?

As stated in the thread title, there are no mods. As for a download, I didn't put it in at first because the launcher was unstable and took some skill to pilot. A few modifications later and it's ready for release. I'll have it up in a moment.

As stated in the thread title, there are no mods. As for a download, I didn't put it in at first because the launcher was unstable and took some skill to pilot. A few modifications later and it's ready for release. I'll have it up in a moment.

at the time, there wasn't stock in the title.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.