Kerbal Space Station

Razzman

I give you all a challenge. Building a Kerbal Space Station that is able to hold the ships at bay as well as crew compartments. You are allowed to use Novapunch, Deep Space Mission Pack, KW Rocketry, MechJeb, Aviation Lights, Damned Aerospace and Damned Robotics, and any mod that allows for extra crew storage such as the Crewtank mod. You are not allowed to use Novapunch's space dock. It must be orbiting at least 500km.

Post Pics and/or a link to a video of you launching and circularizing your orbit.

Top 5 Scores will be posted here

1.__________

2.__________

3.__________

4.__________

5.__________

The scoring is pretty simple

500 pts. for getting ship into proper orbit

100 pts. for every secondary ship able to dock

250 pts. for complete set of deep space compartments (Storage, centrifuge, service modules, etc.)

500 pts. for getting ship into 1000km orbit

25 pts. per kerbal on board not counting the pilots

Bonus Points

Design: I want to see ideas that are out of the way. Such as using a claw and cylinder from Damned robotics to extend, grab, and retract to pull the ship in.

Good luck to all of you who accept my challenge.

FYI: this is my first challenge and my first post to the forums so forgive me if something is messed up.

Edit: You can also assemble the station in space such as sending crew storage later.

Edited by Razzman

Welcome to the forums!

You can't edit your first post yet (need 5 posts), but may I suggest some adaptions? If so, I suggest you allow people to use things like the KW Rocketry pack (one of the bigger packs), and your more Kerbals point system should probably be changed. Perhaps have it as "25 points for each Kerbal other than the pilots". This will make it easier, and have a bit more competition.

Other than that, I'll be attempting this challenge! Having the centrifuge and storage and what not will be interesting to design while being able to grab several ships!

Hi Razzman, welcome to the community :)

Wow that's a complex challenge, and it might not be doable as craft go "on rails" when not the active vehicle or within 2.5km of it, so any craft already docked would drift through the station when you tried to launch another craft.

You'd have to redock all extra craft each time you approached, hard work, so good luck to all who attempt this :D

Most if not all the mods i listed about will help out and for the centrifuges you need the Deep Space Mission pack. Novapunch will give you big tanks and some nice nuclear rockets that work great in the upper atmosphere and in orbit. Mech Jeb will do all the launch work for you. Crew tank will hold your kerbals unless you want them on ladders.

the space station requires all the minimum parts for survival from the Deep Space Mission pack and has to be able to hold a few ships (the more kerbals carried on the KSS, the more points). It can be huge or it can be small. as long as it meets those requirements, its fine. Its all about the weight-strength ratio, nova punch has the thrust to get into orbit. but will the space station collapse on the pad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.