5 m Plane Parts

Even though its name is a reference to the wide-body Airbus A300, the Stearwing A300, with its 3.5 m Mk3 fuselage is only the size of a narrow-body A320.  To avoid having to clip two rows of fuselages into each other to replicate wide-body jets, I think stock KSP should have 5 m plane parts.

Edited by SRB
Typo

1 minute ago, SRB said:

I thought about those, but wanted to really hold as many kerbals as a real plane of that size.

You could offset the crew compartments into the hollow fairing?

The view from the windows will suck, but it will work lol.

Keep in mind, I'm not against your suggestion, just trying to help you with a fix to your issue you can employ right now.

59 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

You could offset the crew compartments into the hollow fairing?

The view from the windows will suck, but it will work lol.

Keep in mind, I'm not against your suggestion, just trying to help you with a fix to your issue you can employ right now.

Thanks 

I didn’t think of that.

I guess that’s what makes Mk3 air transportation super-economy class when Kerbals get more legroom than human passengers, and have shorter legs and no carry-on luggage to put there.

On 6/22/2019 at 3:47 PM, SRB said:

and no carry-on luggage to put there.

I think that's our fault. How many times have any of us built a passenger plane, taken off, and realise we've forgotten to put passengers in it? I'd wonder if it ever crossed a KSP airline simulating player's mind to add some dummy mass to the plane for all their bags. I like life support mods for taking the burden of working that out off my shoulders, makes space travel more realistic, should work for airplanes too where "supplies" are hopefully not the fish dinner.

On the plus side technically we do have DLC to give them actual carry-on luggage now.

Edited by Loskene

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.