The day we can do this in KSP is the day my life is complete

simplemunrockets

I get that everyone wants to go off to other planets, but I'd be willing to bet that any interplanetary manned mission will involve multiple dockings. The only non-ridiculous Mars mission plan that I remember that didn't involve some form of docking was Robert Zubrin's Case For Mars, which is brilliant. As perfect as his plan is though, I think when we do get our act together, a fair amount of it will involve docking crew modules with supply modules, landers with motherships, and various other dockings.

Just saying, I love what they're doing, but I'd have put in docking before many other features. Then again, I'm not a programmer, so what do I know?

Just saying, I love what they're doing, but I'd have put in docking before many other features. Then again, I'm not a programmer, so what do I know?

¨

The reason they are waiting with docking is that they want do do IVA first. Doing that first will allow us to do crew transfers between module to docked module IVA.. thats why... i think

That makes it well worth the wait imo.

OT

Awsome video!

¨

The reason they are waiting with docking is that they want do do IVA first. Doing that first will allow us to do crew transfers between module to docked module IVA.. thats why... i think

That makes it well worth the wait imo.

OT

Awsome video!

wait, are you saying that we 'll be able to dock two ships together and transfer crew?

He's using the XR2 Ravenstar, it's a beautiful plane, and frankly I'm trying to make a version of it for kerbal, but it's proving difficult.

Tex makes some really awesome Orbiter videos, and he also provides some really useful tutorials on how to do the things he does in Orbiter. He spends hours upon hours of time though practising, which helps too.

wait, are you saying that we 'll be able to dock two ships together and transfer crew?

Eventually, yes. I just hope that they create all of these extra features in a friendly way. I'm sure many people look at Orbiter's interface and just go "NOPE," while many others (like myself) try to get into it but give up. That's probably why KSP is a lot more fun, even if it had no explosions and ships couldn't be built, KSP is (relatively) easy to get into.

There's a vast difference between hitting the "m" key and seeing orbital paths, as opposed to navigating through screens of 2D circles and numbers.

this should be possible by .018/19. need moar mods and plugins. cargo bays, carts(as standard), building ships in orbit+ fuelling them and docking/IVA.

Actually, all that is missing is a cargo bay plugin... There is a fuel-exchange plugin and an orbital construction plugin.

Edit: Your signature seems to be outdated.

Actually, all that is missing is a cargo bay plugin... There is a fuel-exchange plugin and an orbital construction plugin.

Edit: Your signature seems to be outdated.

i know, but i will sort it out soon. also need to get my profile pic working, since it isnt showing :/

On T: where is this fuel excange and orbital construction plugin!?!?!?! i have missed quite alot over the past few months xD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.