Life Support Combo: TAC + Kerbal Health or USI-LS?

Minwaabi

I'm looking to start up a new game and I'm wondering about using TAC-LS and KerbalHealth together or USI-LS alone.  I have read several forum posts that talk about these mods separately and Friznet gave this summary:

Kerbal Health - Habitation mechanic + Radiation that impacts Kerbal overall health

TAC LS -  Food, Oxygen, CO2, Waste; configurable difficulty (starved Kerbals die by default but this can be changed to Touristification).

USI LS - Food + Waste + Habitation + Homesickness; highly configurable.

I'm familiar with TAC-LS and I've read the main posts for Kerbal Health and USI-LS, and I'm wondering:  would TAC and Kerbal Health together be the most realistic/feature rich life support combo?  It seems like USI-LS does most of the same things but in a much more basic way (but I could be missing things).  However, I really want to build a colony this game so I'm planning on using USI-MKS Kolonization which I know is designed to work with USI-LS.  Does anyone have any experience with getting these mods together and how that combo would work out?  So in Summary I guess the options would be:

TAC-LS & Kerbal Health &  USI-MKS Kolonization

USI-LS & SI-MKS Kolonization

USI-LS & KerbalHealth & USI-MKS Kolonization - turning off USI-LS's habitation mechanic in favor of KerbalHealth's

Basically yes to all the above.  Though really if you're using USI MKS I'd prefer to stick to USI LS as well (second option above).  The outcome gameplay wise is largely the same as combining Tac and KH, and you'll obviously get better compatibility.

Option 3 works too but occasionally KH and USI disagree on when a Kerb is in hibernation and you have to resuscitate them manually by editing the save file

On 11/29/2019 at 5:05 AM, Minwaabi said:

most realistic/feature rich life support

What you may be looking for is kerbalism.

TAC alike values (so kinda realistic), radiation, part failures including engine burn ratings, science that takes time and has a point to bases. Even fuel cells use correct resources.  You can turn off or adjust all the options too.

For colony parts use SSPX and KPBS.

However, if you want babies or new kerbalnauts from your colonies then none of the above will help.

Peace.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.