I need some formulas!

Both are dependent on grav force of the body underneath You. 100Km orbit over Kerbin will require higher speed than over Mun for ex. The second thing is the same - depends on the body You orbit. Look in Wikipedia for formulas. That's where I learned all my stuff. But TBH I never came across what You're looking for. To be more honest, I wouldn't know it even if I was to stare at it for a day.

If you know the radius (rb) of the body you're orbiting, and your orbit is elliptical, you can get your orbit's semimajor axis from your periapsis altiude and apoapsis altitude. Your semimajor axis (a) is half the linear distance between those two points.

KnZhS.gif

rb is the radius of the body, and hap and hpe are the apoapsis and periapsis altitudes, respectively.

With the semimajor axis, and the standard gravitational parameter(μ) of the body currently being orbited, you can find the orbital period (T).

EtHbD.png

With the semimajor axis, the standard gravitational parameter of the body being orbited you can find the specific orbital energy (õ) of your orbit.

uMtcR.png

And with the specific orbital energy of your orbit, you can find the speed (vs) that your spacecraft will have at any altitude (hs) your orbit takes it to.

qFqJQ.gif

Some interesting things to note, here.

Any two orbits around a body that have the same semi-major axis will have the same period, regardless of eccentricity.

Any two orbits around a body that have the same semi-major axis will have the same speed at any altitude that they share.

Edited by maltesh