max performance settings?!

Arugela

With the 1.9 changes do we know what max performance is. In my case I'm trying to get as much off the CPU or minimized as possible. Do any of the graphics setting offload from CPU to GPU or visa versa?!

If the game is finally using the GPU, I think they should have a thing above the setting saying where it is being used. (CPU), (GPU), (CPU/GPU), etc. Maybe with colors on the letters to make it easy to see.

ATM I get the feeling that the lowest setting is more lagy than the highest settings(or the same even.). It's a bit puzzling.

Edited by Arugela

Lowering ground scatter density may help due to the collision checks on many objects per frame, if you have a mod that enables their collision.

Lowering or disabling aerodynamic FX seems to improve framerates a lot. I think the shape of the shockwave might be physically calculated.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:41 PM, Rocket Witch said:

Lowering ground scatter density may help due to the collision checks on many objects per frame, if you have a mod that enables their collision.

Lowering or disabling aerodynamic FX seems to improve framerates a lot. I think the shape of the shockwave might be physically calculated.

Why on Squad's green Kerbin would ground scatter have collision checks???!! It shouldn't. It's 2D sprites or groups of them that don't collide with anything. The only thing they even vaguely need to check is that they're staying at the visible altitude of thre ground even if the PQS moves it. But that's a simple matter of updating their position when the PQS resolution changes.

Edited by Pds314

On 2/26/2020 at 6:26 AM, Pds314 said:

Why on Squad's green Kerbin would ground scatter have collision checks???!!

See:

On 2/20/2020 at 1:41 AM, Rocket Witch said:

if you have a mod that enables their collision.

Indeed, 2D scatter objects (trees; grass) can't have collision, but most scatter objects are are 3D models — namely rocks.

Edited by Rocket Witch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.