Style & Space Pack - A useful collection of plugins and parts!

KleptoKat

snsp.png

Surely you've spent hours upon hours trying to find the proper parts and plugins for your space stations, shuttle craft, satellites, deep space travel, and kraken fighting gear, only to find that one's not compatible with the next, and so you've spent the rest of the night trying to edit the config files and looking for loop holes, correct? Well no more! The Style and Space Plugin Pack is here to simplify the best plugins out there, so all you must do is say: "Hey, I want to build a space station. I'll just going download the Style & Space plugin pack!" instead of "Hey, I want to build a space station! Oh, but which mods to choose from?" Yes, that sounds easy, but most have found installing this pack quite difficult! It includes downloading a file, dragging and dropping something, and launching your game. Although a step by step guide is available, you may need to resort to your local computer scientist to get this one to work. Sorry, guys! Oh, but the trouble is worth it; the pack will include anything from your classic mun rover, to a space shuttle to get all your 48 of those pesky mapping satellites orbiting Kerbin! But where is it all? Why is your shed still empty? Why, my curious friend, that's because it hasn't been made yet!

So, what is it?

A collection of excellent parts/plugins from around the community, all jammed together to make a pack that's easy for users to install, and all works just right.

Okay, cool. What of parts/plugins will you use?

Good ones. If they're not useful/too glitchy/ugly, they won't stand a chance to making it into the mod. If you would like, please feel free to recommend some down below and I'll check them out!

Will every single part included in the downloads be used in your pack?

If it is too glitchy/not useful/ugly, they will not be included.

Do you need my help?

I think I have things under control. But if you are a good artist or experienced plugin developer, I think I can find a use for you. Just PM me with some work you've done.

Will you use the plugins with the authors permission/give them credit?

If they don't give me permission, I won't use the pack. The conversation with them giving me credit will be included in the download, as well as credits. Credits will be everywhere, don't worry about that.

What plugins will you be using in the next pack?

I've got a progress sheet which I'll update periodically here. It has information detailing which plugins I've tested and liked, and so on. If you spot a plugin in here which you know has a fatal bug, and will be appearing next release, please post a reply pointing it out. You can find that text document here.

You're doing it wrong.

Send me a polite PM explaining why, please.

Can you add what and what by who and who?

Maybe. Just make a reply linking me to the thread, and if I think it's cool, you'll see it in the next release.

When will you release?

Maybe mid-october or so. Since 1.7 is just around the corner, we have to assume all of the plugins are going to break on release. What's the point, really? Until then I'll be making a list of all of the cool plugins and parts that I find, and contacting authors.Updates and things found here

Nope! See you soon, though!

Hey! How do I open these doors? I know! I know!

Wait and see, maybe?

None yet, still deciding what's cool for released

Thread created

Plugin drafting started

Converse: What are you expecting from this pack? See something similar? Want to suggest some of your favorite plugins included? Cheer me on?

Edited by KleptoKat
Better title!

If you are going to use electricity i ,in my humble opinion, suggest that you use Kreuzung's Electrical Energy Plugin (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/10094-0-16-Electrical-Energy-Plugin-v1-4-2-%28Sep-9%29?highlight=Electric+Plugin).

Its a great plugin, and it's compactible with ZO2 (yay!) but there are not a big number of solar panels for it out there now.

I also suggest you take a look at the concepts of Bussard ramjets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bussard_ramjet) and Solar Sails (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_sail)

I hope you make an awesome plugin, I wish i could help but I'm almost useless when it comes to programing :/

But I'm a total sci-fi addict, so if you need any help or inspirations with scientific concepts or visual style, don't hesitate to PM me^^

If you are going to use electricity i ,in my humble opinion, suggest that you use Kreuzung's Electrical Energy Plugin (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/10094-0-16-Electrical-Energy-Plugin-v1-4-2-%28Sep-9%29?highlight=Electric+Plugin).

Its a great plugin, and it's compactible with ZO2 (yay!) but there are not a big number of solar panels for it out there now.

I also suggest you take a look at the concepts of Bussard ramjets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bussard_ramjet) and Solar Sails (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_sail)

I hope you make an awesome plugin, I wish i could help but I'm almost useless when it comes to programing :/

But I'm a total sci-fi addict, so if you need any help or inspirations with scientific concepts or visual style, don't hesitate to PM me^^

Thanks. I'll take a look at these. Also, it's not going to be a plugin more off, but a collection of good plugins that have already been made by others to work together. And thanks I'll keep your aid in mind. I may also need a nice ship designer to make some cool pre-made ships to be included in the pack.

EDIT: BUT

If there is someone out there who is a nice programmer, we can totally do this. I like the idea of solar sNails and some uniqueness to this pack would be cool, too.

Edited by KleptoKat

Great idea, KleptoKat! I am very new to KSP and the forums and greatly enjoying both. However, I have quickly found that while it is easy to come across mods and plugins on the boards that make me go "Oooooh, I want THAT!", it is QUITE difficult to figure out which ones are or are not compatible with which other ones; which ones are abandonware and which are still being updated, etc. I would very much appreciate someone with more experience than me releasing at least a compact source of information as to what I can put in my game without breaking it, and even more appreciate someone actually making things work together that were developed separately and un- or semi-compatibly.

Might I suggest adding all or part of MMI's Kethane, Satellite and Payload packs, as well as at least a selection of the classic NovaPunch Remix parts collection. Also Zoxygen, the Cart plugin, ISAMapSat and MechJeb, of course...I think they go without saying. Another beauty is the DEMV. And whatever Electricity stuff you can get to work with all that, I haven't been able to figure out that entire complex yet...

Great idea, KleptoKat! I am very new to KSP and the forums and greatly enjoying both. However, I have quickly found that while it is easy to come acros

SNIP

uff you can get to work with all that, I haven't been able to figure out that entire complex yet...

Welcome to the KSP forums. I'll take a look at these when I get the chance. I've already got a nice list of about 25 mods, so I'm going to have a few days of killing kerbals to play with.

UPDATE:

Also, just so I don't have to make a new post, here is a link to the text document containing the mods which I'm testing at the moment. A lot of it is organizational, but if you see something in there which you've discovered is littered with bugs, please post!

Here it is: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33825217/Progess.txt

And be in the know that most of it won't make it into the pack, and there will be plenty more to come.

Edited by KleptoKat
Also!

Just have to say that my plugin cannot be called pretty or not because it's just a plugin and doesn't include models. If you mean the VB example parts, then ehhh.... *fires missile*

Also, you should see Yorik as author of VB, I didn't make them, just edited the config a bit.

Just have to say that my plugin cannot be called pretty or not because it's just a plugin and doesn't include models. If you mean the VB example parts, then ehhh.... *fires missile*

Also, you should see Yorik as author of VB, I didn't make them, just edited the config a bit.

If a part or piece is badly textured/modelled, the chances of it making it into the pack are quite slim. But in most cases I'll just label the pretty option on a plugin without models "Irrelevant." Anyway, awesome, thanks.

If a part or piece is badly textured/modelled, the chances of it making it into the pack are quite slim. But in most cases I'll just label the pretty option on a plugin without models "Irrelevant." Anyway, awesome, thanks.

If you've got a part that you feel looks like crap, put it up for critiques. Everything I've made except the ion engine and Jeb 9000 looks like total sh*t but I just keep on. :)

• 1 month later...

Responded to your message, you can use my stuff as it was yours.

But yeah, it's not pretty per se, and there's some issues with the C4-pack. The TNT worked fine on 0.17 though (even better, as it seems that explosions now "follow" the ship :D )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.