Ozymandias Mark II Munar Transport

Good afternoon, KSP forumgoers!

I've been playing for awhile, but this is really the first time I've been able to post. My 'HelloWorld', if you will.

This is a little contraption I call the Ozymandias Mark II. besides the mechjeb module, it is completely stock. It is capable of going to the Mun (and back, with a little luck)

UKJdQh.png?1

sZ5X6.jpg?1

UorGr.png?1

A full imgur album can be found at http://imgur.com/a/I3Bko

The name is based on a line from a semi-famous poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley.

'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings- Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'

--UPDATE--

The craft file can be found here:http://www./?fk7i18cd31gmd3n

Edited by Cypherwraith
adding craft file

Why're you launching south? :sticktongue:

It probably has to do with the MechJeb he's using. The ascent autopilot has a somewhat misleading inclination button that switches back and forth between 0 degrees being east and 0 degrees being north with no clear indication which is which until you've launched. If he wrongly assumed it was using north as zero and put in a heading of 90 degrees, it would fly him south.

Ive got a brand new i7 (3612qm), 6gb of ddr3 ram, and a nvidia 650m and ships like this lag like crazy. id be at 1fps for less then half of that ship. :( just saying, im kinda jealous of the fact that you can run a ship that size. looks pretty cool too. not from a lack of effort by me though, i pretty much bought my new pc because i didnt want lag on this game.

Here, I'll upload the craft file in a bit, sorry about the wait. Could someone suggest a good mirror for me?

To answer a few of your questions:

-- The ship can lag a bit in the early stages, but far less than you'd expect. Once the solid fuel boosters are ejected, it's mostly smooth sailing.

--Surprisingly, it hasn't blown up on me yet. The Mark I had a few stability problems that played hell with the solid fuel boosters. After adding a few trusses, the lower engines stopped overheating and the thing was stable enough to make it into orbit.

-- I'm pretty sure I wasn't launching to the south, but I might be mistaken. I worked with a lot of different camera angles to get the best shots, so it could be a matter of perspective.

Use Mediafire.

The ship seems way too heavy duty for that lander, suggesting inefficient staging or other wastefulness such as transferring from high kerbin orbit or not gravity turning. I've got a large lander to the mun with a rocket smaller than that.

It could just be that it looks larger due to the SRBs but it looks very large.

Use Mediafire.

The ship seems way too heavy duty for that lander, suggesting inefficient staging or other wastefulness such as transferring from high kerbin orbit or not gravity turning. I've got a large lander to the mun with a rocket smaller than that.

It could just be that it looks larger due to the SRBs but it looks very large.

Thanks for the feedback. Being the first time I tried using the larger command capsule I wanted to err on the safe side. Also, the area between the SRBs and the lower portion of the fuel tanks is empty, though the screenshots in the thread's title don't show this very well. The album is more thorough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.