How to make a game interesting without Voxel Map.

cgw

I think I understand where the originator was coming from, to a certain degree, although I do completely understand and agree that as proposed would be excessively complex.  I'd like to have built in parts that you could take with you, that would allow you to make things useful in the game. Maybe something that can say manufacture structural panels, and other parts if you have the right equipment, that you could assemble onsite, into other structures. For example, if I wanted to build a base on Duna, I could send that equipment to Duna, and make at least some of the structure on the surface rather than bringing it all and having to land it. Or even some slightly experimental manufacturing, on orbit...something like foamed metal. 

6 minutes ago, Michel Bartolone said:

I think I understand where the originator was coming from, to a certain degree, although I do completely understand and agree that as proposed would be excessively complex.  I'd like to have built in parts that you could take with you, that would allow you to make things useful in the game. Maybe something that can say manufacture structural panels, and other parts if you have the right equipment, that you could assemble onsite, into other structures. For example, if I wanted to build a base on Duna, I could send that equipment to Duna, and make at least some of the structure on the surface rather than bringing it all and having to land it. Or even some slightly experimental manufacturing, on orbit...something like foamed metal. 

Building crafts and modules is confirmed as part of the colony system for KSP2.