Where is the magic astroid?

I think it’s a 4% chance that any asteroid will be ‘magic’, just use the cheat menu to ping a craft beside every asteroid you can find until you find one, although it may take a while (or require some save file editing) to get a set in different colours- I know you can get red, yellow, green, blue and purple at least and it may be an RGB thing and so configurable, if you can figure out how.

As @jimmymcgoochie and @Linkageless said: they are essential normal asteroids with a fancy skin, and there is a random chance that an encountered asteroid will be magic. My contribution is to mention that the decision if an asteroid is random is made when it is encountered for the first time. So one way to "cheat" a magic asteroid into existence is to (quick-)save just before you encounter an asteroid for the first time (e.g. when you are 3km out), get close to the asteroid to check its magicness, and if it isn't then reload that save, rinse, and repeat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.