Is there ANY possibility to revert to 1.04?

I made a big mistake. ;.;

I had a nice niche 1.04 separated from my Steam install of KSP sitting there with my most favourite mod: BTSM.

The thing is, this mod was discontinued after 1.04.

So far so good, yesterday (after nearly 3 years of not touching it) I wanted do indulge myself in some challenging space puzzling (which is basically what BTSM does to KSP).

But the game would always crash on load...

I tried it for nearly 20 times, in different compatibility modes. Nothing.

No problem - so I though - I will just reinstall 1.04 though.

But only 1.05 is available in the BETA section.

What harm can it done, I though, and installed that. But now The game is not even crashing any more, it is hanging up..

So I besiege you: can you show me a way to revert back to 1.04?

Many thanks in advance!

Unfortunately that is well past the free beta stage of the game, so unless you can download it from an official source (ie, Squad homepage or Steam), acquiring it by other means is technically piracy.

As far as getting it to run if you do manage to get hold of it though, have you considered running the Linux version instead?  I just tried (brand new fresh install) in Debian 10 and it works just fine.  Alternatively, have you looked in the logs to see _why_ it might be crashing/hanging?

For future reference, should ALWAYS backup or archive something before futzing around with it.

1.0.4 seems to really have only been a single, though important, hotfix for heatshields.
Probably 95% of the mods that worked with 1.0.4 should work with 1.0.5. If your 1.0.4 install is messed up bad enuff, to where you are ready to reinstall it, I would suggest grabbing 1.0.5 and trying that. 1.0.5 was the last stable version of the 1.0.x stage, and should probably be used/tried for any mods compatable with 1.0.0-1.0.5, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the answers and suggestions. Would the linux version feature a still installable 1.04 though?

Other than this is might try a completely clean 1.05... But i have little hopes, since BTSM was always very very very specifically tinkered to the current version, and I think I remember it not working with others...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.