[1.12.x] CryoTanks: Liquid Hydrogen storage and management (Aug 13, 2024)

Nertea

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

I don't see DynamicBatteryStorage installed in any of those which is a dependency, and will absolutely cause this to occur. Install the latest version and have another go.

I have a some other mods installed, but I have the same issue even with DynamicBatteryStorage 2.3.2 installed. Some days ago I also had an issue where the EC jumped between zero and full when timewarping causing boiloff, but I can't seem to replicate it here.

KSP log (with DynamicBatteryStorage debugging enabled): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTcqqOhXGcskAUpBxk2nA17jv2LoiALo/view?usp=sharing

Video:

Spoiler

56 minutes ago, Merlin1809 said:

I have a some other mods installed, but I have the same issue even with DynamicBatteryStorage 2.3.2 installed. Some days ago I also had an issue where the EC jumped between zero and full when timewarping causing boiloff, but I can't seem to replicate it here.

KSP log (with DynamicBatteryStorage debugging enabled): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTcqqOhXGcskAUpBxk2nA17jv2LoiALo/view?usp=sharing

Video:

Hide contents

Flip that Adavanced rollout on so I can see what's going on dynamically. 

You have a massive amount of [PR] [MechJeb] spam in the log as well which I'm told is from Persistent Ratation, and things from TweakScale, TweakScaleWatchDog, KSP-Recall plugins which have been known to cause install issues on occasion. 

30 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Click on it, it's a button that opens a rollout

edit - also a craft file would be great. 

So after loading the save file, everything worked on the old craft as it should and the EC buffer was there. After putting the same craft into orbit again, the issue reappeared:

Spoiler

Craft file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Lku2mooMryzgop31008a7IF6ChQGYrH/view

Edit: Also the issue doesn't seem to occur when I have a nuclear reactor onboard. EC then gets buffered correctly

Also thanks for pointing the mechjeb spam to persistent rotation, I was one version behind and updating it should fix it

Edited by Merlin1809

Hmm. This is a weird one. So I take your ship, installed what I think are the dependencies and did a quick teleport to orbit/set warp to max test. I saw what I'd expect which is that there's some flashing boiloff as the ship goes into to shadow, but it's not in your video which is constant the whole time. Some thoughts:

1. Time warp rate: Just to confirm, you're using BetterTimeWarp and your top rate is 10,000,000x.
  2. WeatherDrivenSolarPanel: I noticed this is installed. It's not supported, but it looks like the output is behaving so this is not the issue. You could see if uninstalling it helps. 

I'll keep investigating though. 

14 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Hmm. This is a weird one. So I take your ship, installed what I think are the dependencies and did a quick teleport to orbit/set warp to max test. I saw what I'd expect which is that there's some flashing boiloff as the ship goes into to shadow, but it's not in your video which is constant the whole time. Some thoughts:

1. Time warp rate: Just to confirm, you're using BetterTimeWarp and your top rate is 10,000,000x.
  2. WeatherDrivenSolarPanel: I noticed this is installed. It's not supported, but it looks like the output is behaving so this is not the issue. You could see if uninstalling it helps. 

I'll keep investigating though. 

2. That fixed it for now I guess, thanks. I'll see if it comes back.

53 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Oh it did???? I did not expect that lol. 

Oh I think I found the error. DynamicBatteryStorage does not recognize the solar panels modified by WeatherDrivenSolarPanel as power generators even though they do generate EC. They are all listed in the systems monitor with 0.00 EC/s when in reality they do generate dozens of EC/s. So DBS then spams the log with "[DBS][DynamicStorage] [hydrogen-5-2 (BoiloffTest)]: Power production too low, clearing buffer" and then deletes all of the buffer. Every time the buffer is cleared, boiloff occurs.

That might also be the reason it worked with a nuclear reactor, it does get recognized correctly by DynamicBatteryStorage and it does not try to clear the buffer.

Is this a DynamicBatteryStorage or WeatherDrivenSolarPanels issue?

Edited by Merlin1809

The author has a pull request I need to look at. 

I've merged the PR, you can get the newest DBS version and I think it should fix it? But we should take the discussion over to that thread if it doesn't.

15 minutes ago, Nertea said:

The author has a pull request I need to look at. 

I've merged the PR, you can get the newest DBS version and I think it should fix it? But we should take the discussion over to that thread if it doesn't.

Aye, it works now! Thank you!

I forgot to include DynamicBatteryStorage on my earlier test. Including it fixed the problem with the bare minimum install, so I started a test battery with my other mods isolating mod by mod, and found the culprit. My problem was being caused by Kopernicus. Updating it to the last release fixed the problem. It was apparently messing with solar panels at high time warp.

20 minutes ago, mateusviccari said:

I forgot to include DynamicBatteryStorage on my earlier test. Including it fixed the problem with the bare minimum install, so I started a test battery with my other mods isolating mod by mod, and found the culprit. My problem was being caused by Kopernicus. Updating it to the last release fixed the problem. It was apparently messing with solar panels at high time warp.

Yes Kopernicus completely changed how they deal with solar panels a few updates back so there's this discontinuity where a certain version of DBS will break with old Kopernicus, and newer won't work with older DBS. It's was a bit of a mess but I think we've sorted it out now.