Launchpad Selector window is blocking access to my stages

I have Kerbal Engineer Redux and a bunch of part-packs installed, but I'm not sure if they're causing this.  This has been a problem on 1.7 and 1.8 for ages, but I've always been able to ignore it because my stages rarely go that high.  But now I have a huge Eve Return prototype I'm working on, and I absolutely need to reach those top stages.  But the Launchpad selector window won't go away.  I feel this is a silly problem but I cannot find a way to fix it.

byFqY7U.jpg

12 hours ago, PTNLemay said:

But the Launchpad selector window won't go away

I noticed that too and could also ignore it so far. I find one mention of it in the bug tracker (referring to the same problem) but not as its own bug:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/24950

A quick search didn't turn up any other reports of it and the response suggest a mod conflict. I don't have access to my bug tracker account right now, so maybe go ahead and open a new bug for this, if you can reproduce it without mods.

Mods that hook into the launch button could be the cause here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.