BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

Ok. Well back on topic. Bobcat will the cassowary be part of home 2m or will it be seperate. Also could you please post a video or picture of what the cassowary currently looks like on this phase of development and testing.

Are the FLY pod and Nautilus MPSS considered part of H.O.M.E.? I'm a little confused as to how the FLY pod's extendable RCS is supposed to be set up as well as the Nautilus' method of assembly.

Nautilus is really more a collection of pieces. The Fly pod RCS bits are mounted on the side, then it has an animation (can be triggered via custom hotkey) that extends the actual RCS bit out. The torque is stronger when the force is at the end of a lever arm, so the RCS pods will do more work turning your ship when the RCS pods are extended.

Nautilus is really more a collection of pieces. The Fly pod RCS bits are mounted on the side, then it has an animation (can be triggered via custom hotkey) that extends the actual RCS bit out. The torque is stronger when the force is at the end of a lever arm, so the RCS pods will do more work turning your ship when the RCS pods are extended.

Thanks I was just wondering if there was some sort of order to assembly of the parts, and based on your response I'm guessing its more of a "build however you want" sort of thing with the Nautilus.

In regards to the FLY pod, do you have a screenshot for optimal RCS placement? It's unfortunate that those little raised parts below the cockpit are not symmetrical as they have those rectangular areas on their texture that look perfectly sized and shaped to put the FLY RCS pods them there so long as you're not using snap-to-angle.

Thanks I was just wondering if there was some sort of order to assembly of the parts, and based on your response I'm guessing its more of a "build however you want" sort of thing with the Nautilus.

In regards to the FLY pod, do you have a screenshot for optimal RCS placement? It's unfortunate that those little raised parts below the cockpit are not symmetrical as they have those rectangular areas on their texture that look perfectly sized and shaped to put the FLY RCS pods them there so long as you're not using snap-to-angle.

@shadowsutekh

As you say, the parts are meant to be used however you want. If you want some inspiration, though, they are largely based on the Nautilus-X designs by NASA. Obviously the non-rotating inflatable modules are not included, but a number of other modders have made parts more or less like them.

Edited by Yasutaka

I have asked this question before but for some reason never got an answer. In MPSS command module IVA the front window is showing up side down view. Does anyone else have this bug and how to fix it? any help would be appreciated.

I'm a little confused as to how the FLY pod's extendable RCS is supposed to be set up.

The FLY RCS system is incredible. It's a must-have that really hasn't garnered the attention that it deserves.

The system drastically improves maneuverability when the arms are extended, and they're absolutely essential for docking short & heavy vessels such as OC or fuel supply ships, that are otherwise a real pain in the butt to maneuver.

I never leave home without them. (action group both forward and lateral movement for ease of use=)

What happened to it all though? sometimes I like to go away for a while then come back to see what new wacky things you have for us. Can't do that now though....

A couple months ago there was a big stink where people could not figure out that everything was hosted on Spaceport despite it being labeled very clearly in the info, and if something was not there it was not released or ready or still in testing. This turned into a stream of about 20-30 pages of nearly every other post being "where can I find the Mk 4 Rat?" Bobcat reduced the pages at first, then very nearly closed the company.

I think it was totally fair because Bobcat should not have to tell people over and over and over that is it on Spaceport. He should only have to link to his profile, or even just say where it is once on the OP. Plus all the good stuff like pictures and videos were found in the thread anyways so those who care read and are merry.

I will probably get flamed for this, or its already accomplished. I respect the amount of time and energy going into these mods. Once you finish then you have the wonderful reward of hearing us praise,cry,complain, and beg. Anyway, the modders should be compensated in some way, after all they are doing the work and maintenance. Maybe a small donation through paypal from people would show that. I mean Small, dont get bent of shape and think you have to go get a loan hehe. So everyone in Bobcat, if you would list your paypal email, ill be the first to donate. Its appreciation for your work and time and super amount of patience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.