BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

As far as I tested, yes, they work. (and the mk1 too, aswell).

To got them work, I just had to put them in /GameData/*/, and for each of them I've deleted the GameData/*/Plugin folder to just use the CleverBobCat.dll from the HOME_1.0.31 pack.

Btw, don't forget to add to each Part.cfg the new lines of the 0.20 directory structure :

At the very beginning of your config files :

PART

{

And at the end :

}

That's all.

Oh, and there's a little problem between the size of the chassy and the pod of the mk2. To correct this, I just modified the rescaleFactor = 1 of the pod to 0.8.

Hoping this will be usefull :)

To got them work, I just had to put them in /GameData/*/, and for each of them I've deleted the GameData/*/Plugin folder to just use the CleverBobCat.dll from the HOME_1.0.31 pack.

Btw, don't forget to add to each Part.cfg the new lines of the 0.20 directory structure :

And at the end :

That's all.

Oh, and there's a little problem between the size of the chassy and the pod of the mk2. To correct this, I just modified the rescaleFactor = 1 of the pod to 0.8.

Hmmmmm Thank you very much for your advice and answer, but i guess ill wait for an update if one comes. Ive never messed with the things your talking about, and im a little lost. i would love to finish my all purpose utility truck

8x59lKN.jpg

Sorry for the big pic, im not sure how to place it in a spoiler.

Edited by viperwolf

And at the end :

That's all.

Sir if i could bother you, would you take a sample screen shot of this?

Sorry, a screenshot of what ?

I followed the steps you said, i cannot get this to work for nothing. I dont understand what im doing wrong.

-Gamedata/DEMV MK5

-- MK5 part cfg add Part { all information }

-delete plugin and replace with Home plugin

EDIT: I figured out what it was, i was having trouble with another mod, deleted the mumechlib.dll plugin and now it works. Thank you.

Edited by viperwolf

Oh, ok :)

Glad you finaly got this working so :wink:

I had bbearing (DamnedRobotics) attached to the truck, You can see in the pic above. and nothing will load with the mumechlib.dll plug installed. HOWEVER the two free moving parts( bbearing and hinge) will not load at all without the .dll. so i went in to the craft file( in Save folder ) itself and deleted the bbearing part and anything it was linked to. that worked and now i can load my truck without the ball bearing. works until an update comes

Annoying,

I dont know when Bobcat industries will get to them 'officially' but you can get dang near all of those to work by adding

scale = 1

to each config file under any line that says

rescalefactor = <anythign>

I know that worked fine for Jool and Nautilus.

But the rovers may (or may not) need additional work. -I haven't tested them in 0.20+ yet.

when will there be an update for:

DEMV-1

DEMV-2

DEMV-5

DEMV RAT

Jool V

Nautilus

?

I know the rovers work, all you do is add PART {}

- important--------delete the plugin and use the plugin from the new HOME.

then place DEMV file into gamedata.

when will there be an update for:

DEMV-1

DEMV-2

DEMV-5

DEMV RAT

Jool V

Nautilus

?

BobCat is working on other stuff right now. He might update the old stuff and he might not. Most of it works anyways, or can be easily fixed by yourself.

Modders make these mods for fun, and it is usually more fun to work on new stuff than to do maintenance updates on old stuff. They don't owe you anything.

I added the part{} and used home dll and rovers are not working. The wheels just dont move.

Be sure to delete the old plugin and use the new one from HOME. if you have done this do a fresh install of the rovers and plugin. They are working good for me, and all i did was in post 664. If i knew how i would just send you my complete data folder. I use the MK2 and MK5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.