[0.17] Squall C: Sepratron I Missiles (Armed)

VincentLaw

When I discovered the new mini SRB part, I decided to see how well they would work as weapons. It turns out that they are quite versatile and can be used for many applications. Since they can fire and decouple simultaneously, only one click is required per shot, which makes them much easier to use as launchable rockets than the larger SRBs.

The main problem is that the rocket attachment point is off the center of mass of the decoupler, but this can be overcome with some trial and error. These rockets are weight balanced and spin stabilized so they have reasonable accuracy. There are 18 missiles on this airplane for a total of 15 shots. The last 3 shots fire double for stability reasons. You will need a direct hit to damage other vehicles.

The takeoff speed is about 60 m/s and it is fairly tailstrike proof. If you have any stability problems, try disabling the front tank fuel flow before takeoff.

I was thinking about naming it "Rocket Truck" but then people might think it's really a truck.

screenshot11b.png

screenshot32ay.png

screenshot50l.png

screenshot68l.png

screenshot92c.png

Edited by sal_vager

• 3 weeks later...
How can you make the missiles?

Each time I have tried, it just go everywhere: I can't make them go straight

He put two boosters on either side of the radial decoupler, so that the thrust and center of mass are lined up after some minute fiddling.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.