Scroll to zoom not working

I've experienced this in 2 ways:

1)  If it's changing the FOV, just press ALT and scroll for a bit, then it fixes it.

2)  If that doesn't work, I don't know how to fix it.  I've had this exact problem before and the only solution I found was to reinstall KSP.  Try "Clear Input Locks" in the ALT-F12 menu, but it didn't work for me.

• 1 year later...
On 9/23/2020 at 8:13 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Check the control settings, maybe it’s no longer bound to the mouse wheel? Even if it is, clear the bindings for the mouse wheel and then re-bind them and try it again.

how do you bind the scroll wheel? when i try it doesnt seem to recognise the input?

• 8 months later...

If anyone still has this issue, I spent a few hours digging around. In my case, in the settings.cfg under AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL the name of the PRIMARY component was "None", this should be "Mouse ScrollWheel". Looking like this. 
AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL
{
PRIMARY
{
name = Mouse ScrollWheel
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 7:00 PM, Sniperson said:

If anyone still has this issue, I spent a few hours digging around. In my case, in the settings.cfg under AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL the name of the PRIMARY component was "None", this should be "Mouse ScrollWheel". Looking like this. 
AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL
{
PRIMARY
{
name = Mouse ScrollWheel
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It worked for me! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.