Batteries not draining when not flying vessel

Howdy folks, long story, simple problem.

I was playing with TAC life support installed and saw some erroneous behavior by one of my space stations power levels.  After a lot of investigating I've narrowed down the problem to the following:  it seems that power levels of my vessels do not change when I am not actively flying them.  I assumed it was a mod issue, but after performing 2 vanilla reinstalls with no mods, no expansions, and changing no settings, I am still having the issue.  I launched a barebones probe on a new save on a fresh install, left the solar panels retracted, went to the space center, and timewarped for 10 days.  When I returned to the probe in question the power was still at the exact same level it was 10 days before, despite the probe having no means to generate power.  The simulate in background setting is turned on and set to true in the settings.cfg file.  I didn't touch any settings at all this last try.

Any idea of what's going on here?  I was using CKAN and about 70 mods before, but now that this is happening on a vanilla install I'm not sure what else to try.

Build ID 02939

KSP Log:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mHVA_mM-FuYVC5ZUQQdMUqiOb-I9i7A0/view?usp=sharing

Edited by JDTractorGuy
Added build ID and log file

Void,

Thanks for the reply.  Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your response but I understand that physics aren't calculated if you're in close range, but I'm just worried about battery drop.  I could've sworn that I've lost probes before because I forgot to put solar panels on them or because I pointed the panel away from the sun.  Do batteries really not go down when you're not flying the vessel?  If so I can't believe I haven't noticed that before.

Well, yes, it's occasionally a bit buggy, in particular with time warp, I admit. That's why I'm using this mod here:

In general though: if you're more than 2.5 km away for any given vessel, physics, incl. EC, won't be calculated at all. Easy proof: Have a vessel with a negative EC rate. Switch to another vessel (or the KSC) being far away. Time warp some hours, switch back: the vessel will have exactly the EC it had when you switched away from it, i.e. EC won't be drained any more than the very moment you left it.

Edited by VoidSquid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.