The Deity Program

Omni122

Hi folks!

You may have seen my previous post about the Zeus mission, and I've decided to create a program out of it. It's called the Deity Program, and each mission will be named after a Greek god. I will be posting those missions here. Let's start this off with the latest mission, Aphrodite.

WBeJQsz.png

This is the ATV or Aphrodite Transfer Vehicle performing its deorbit burn, it will set the probe on a trajectory to land on Eve.

w0fVWS3.png

Here's a nice photo of the ADV or Aphrodite Descent Vehicle just after separating from the ATV. The blue dot behind the ATV is Kerbin.

E93Kn4E.png

The heat shield provided a lot more drag than I thought it would, which made the descent a very long and boring process.

qMYrVuI.png

The Aphrodite lander shortly after jettisoning the ADV. I packed way too many parachutes, which added to the length of the descent.

PARIMoT.png

Touchdown! The excessive use of physics warp during descent damaged the solar arms, but they still generate power luckily.

And that's it! Sorry that this wasn't as in-depth as my last mission report, but I hope you guys still enjoyed it!

Link to gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/rGvSS3U 

Edited by Omni122
capitilzation and formating,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.