Sharing my creations

Serenity

Hey everyone, i am starting a new career with the next patch and i decided to share my crafts with you.

They will be fine even with stock installation,

The only modded part is an awesome landing leg from https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/195546-110-kre-kerbal-reusability-expansion/

They will have no problem loading without it since everything else is stock.

I hope you like some of them.

Edit, share is over, hopefully more than one saw some of them and liked them/got some ideas, laters :) .

Edited by Boyster

OK, fine.  I'll write out an index for your VAB stuff since I'm curious.  Pretty much all your ships require DLC, I'll note.  I stopped writing out "requires X" after the first twelve craft or so...  Then I stopped writing crew capacities and weights...  There was just so many I ended up just taking quick gestalts on each craft.

Unfortunately, that one modded part of yours does not disappear cleanly, the entire craft fails to load.  But since you only used that in R1 variants a lot of your craft still have working variants.  You left a mechjeb or two in there but that does disappear in unmodded installations.

• "1.craft" is a big, quad-mastadon lifter with droptanks and a lander of some sort.  365 tons, about 20 of it lander.  Requires Making History DLC.
  • "Serenity R Bittle" is a Kickback-powered lifter for 1-3 tons to orbit.  It has HUUUUGE fins.
  • "Serenity Lilith F4" is a big, mastadon powered lifter, 198 tons plus payload, max tons to LKO unknown.  Requires Making History DLC.
  • "Serenity Lilith" is the same as above minus four kickbacks.
  • "Serenith Rollath MK3 F4" is almost the same as "1.craft" minus the lander.  Presumably 20T to LKO.  Requires Making History DLC.  Includes a Mechjeb something something.
  • "Serenity Rollath Mk3" cannot load because of a missing mod part.  Presumably similar to the Mk3 F4.
  • "Serenity Sanity F8" is a gargantuan heavy lifter with room for 5 (five) payloads.  Max tons to LKO is, presumably, "lots and lots".  I don't understand the airbrakes.  Requires Making History DLC.
  • "Serenity Sanity R" cannot load because of modded landing legs.
  • "Serenity R Sanity" cannot load either.
  • "Serenity SC Kerlstrok MK2 #9" is a poodle-driven shuttlepod, capacity 9, with re-entry capability and seprotrons to deorbit and keep space tidy.  Nice!
  • "Serenity SC Kerlstrok MK2 #9 R1"  cannot load.
  • "Serenity SCS Kerlstrok Mk2 #7" has some crew capacity replaced with science parts.
  • "Serenity SCS Kerlstrok Mk2 #7 R1" cannot load.
  • "Serenity SCL Vertigo" 0G #9 looks a lot like the lander in 1.craft.  It is a nice big lander with 9 capacity and lights.
  • "Serenity SCL Vertigo" 0G #9 R1 cannot load.
  • "Serenity SCL Vertigo" 0G #9 R2, I think, is the same as 1.craft
  • "Serenicy SCSL Vertigo 0G #7" has some crew capacity replaced with science parts.
  • "Serenicy SCSL Vertigo 0G #7 R1" cannot load.
  • "Serenicy SCSL Vertigo 0G #7 R2" The lander perched on that mastadon lifter.
  • "Serenity SECS SHU #20 R1" cannot load.
  • "Serenity STGateway HOX #L R" is a fuel station core of some sort.  An unhealthy number of docking ports.
  • "Serenity VPmover GET #L" is a wolfhound-powered orbital stage of some sort.
  • "Serenity VPmover Kritt #S" is an old-fashioned poodle on an old-fashioned orange drank plus some RCS.
  • "Serenity VPmover Roll #M" is a wolfhound-powered upper stage.
  • "Serenity VPrelay Cosmos #L" is a cornucopia of RA-100 dishes.  Some robotics parts are used to keep gigantor arrays conveniently stowed.
  • "Serenity VPrelay Cosmos #L X3" is three of the above.  Truth in advertising.
  • "Serenity VPscanner Duol" is a polar scanner satellite with robotic rabbit ears.
  • "Serenity VPtelescope Tiara #L" is more infrared telescopes than I've ever seen at once before, and solar panels clipped in an interesting horizontal manner.
  • "Untitled Space Craft" is a shrimp-powered sounding rocket.
  • "WIP EvE Payload Delivery" is a small thud-powered contraption with inflatable heat shield, parachutes, and unexplained girders to nowhere.
  • "WIP ICS Interloper" is an interesting, nuclear-and-ion "whatsit".  Also the first time I have seen mk2 parts attached radially.  No idea what it does.
  • "WIP ICS Daedlus Mk2 #13" is some sort of thud-and-mastadon upper stage?  Unsure.
  • "WIP Misc Chryslar #Cargo recovery" is four skiffs and a pile of mk3 cargo bays.
  • "WIP PK Klaw Mk1" is a Klaw with four vectors and a curious cross arrangement of fuel tanks.  Asteroid shover?
  • "WIP PLS Chron 0G" is a clever little robot prospector with science instruments and junior drills.  Genuinely tempting.
  • "WIP Refueler for GateWays" is some wolfhounds and fuel tanks.
  • "WIP Vdropship Eelos #M" is a curious, thud-powered landing egg which can land on either end.  It appears to possess action groups.  It also functions as a clamp-o-tron to sr docking adapter.

Edited by Corona688

15 hours ago, Corona688 said:

OK, fine.  I'll write out an index for your VAB stuff since I'm curious.  Pretty much all your ships require DLC, I'll note.  I stopped writing out "requires X" after the first twelve craft or so...  Then I stopped writing crew capacities and weights...  There was just so many I ended up just taking quick gestalts on each craft.

Unfortunately, that one modded part of yours does not disappear cleanly, the entire craft fails to load.  But since you only used that in R1 variants a lot of your craft still have working variants.  You left a mechjeb or two in there but that does disappear in unmodded installations.

I can't believe you took some time to review them, you sir are awesome.

Thank you so much :targetretro:

SPH has also many base stuff and other drones and experimental things, not only planes :wink:.

Serenity Sanity is one of my best creations, it is a full reusable first stage than can take take almost any payload in orbit(Even big shuttles) and land back or do a ballistic(Without mods needed).

The airbrakes are ofcourse to slow down this beast, F8 version is supposed to be sacrificed for huge payloads but because its so expensive there is the choice of a risk all landing.

I am a bit sad that those landing legs prevented some vessels to load,  Rollath is also a full reusable first stage, and yes i should have told that almost all of them require both DLC's

Mechjeb is my weapon of choice, after thousand circularizations i needed a way to take a break for coffee.This is a screenshot of a bit older version but its one of the coolest photos of it:

iAHCSBp.png

Edited by Boyster

I've been shopping for ideas for mid-sized lifters in the 20-80T range.  A big ball of finalized ship classes seemed a good place to start.  It'd be nice to know the payload capacities of some of these, the ones without included payloads I had to just guess.

It also appears that you've mastered the art of putting ships and payloads in different ship files - something I always screw up.  Teach me please.  What does the root part have to be in the lifter, and what does it have to be in the payload?

Edited by Corona688

On 12/10/2020 at 5:24 PM, Corona688 said:

I've been shopping for ideas for mid-sized lifters in the 20-80T range.  A big ball of finalized ship classes seemed a good place to start.  It'd be nice to know the payload capacities of some of these, the ones without included payloads I had to just guess.

It also appears that you've mastered the art of putting ships and payloads in different ship files - something I always screw up.  Teach me please.  What does the root part have to be in the lifter, and what does it have to be in the payload?

Since you been so kind to review my stuff i offer you my humble log i use, i plan to create a more advanced one in next patch.

It has mostly all payload info and a sense of how i organize my career. It took me long to kinda structure my thoughts but here it is, maybe someone can take ideas from it.

Edit, hope you liked it :) .

Edited by Boyster

Quite a system you've got going on.  OK, so

• Bittle:  1.5 - 3.5 tons
  • Serenity R Lillith - 8t - 17t
  • Serenity F4 - 17t - 34t
  • Serenity R Rollath - 25t - 51t
  • Serenity R Sanity - 68t - 136t

I've got a spreadsheet which I hope might be useful to you:  It generates rough-cut tonnages, DV's, and costs outside the game.  Even now that there's a stock DV meter, it's way faster to fiddle with it than build something in the VAB.  With a little improvement it might generate half the info you've been painstakingly hand-typing in text files.

http://burningsmell.org/images/ksp/ksp6.xls

18 hours ago, Corona688 said:

I've got a spreadsheet which I hope might be useful to you:  It generates rough-cut tonnages, DV's, and costs outside the game.  Even now that there's a stock DV meter, it's way faster to fiddle with it than build something in the VAB.  With a little improvement it might generate half the info you've been painstakingly hand-typing in text files.

http://burningsmell.org/images/ksp/ksp6.xls

That is extremely interesting, sadly i lost my excel knowledge years ago but i loved making calculations sheets like that, also doesn't help you have to pay 100 bucks per year to have legit Office tools.

As for the root part, to be honest, its not mastery, its just a lot of trial and error, saving many times until i get the root part right.

The main problem is that the autostruts tend to misbehave a LOT when you connect two vessels or change root and that causes a lot of problems, especially with engines-engine plates.

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.