All planets Oh yeah!

Basically go to all the planets dont care how, in which order or what mods you use, one exception no using mechjeb or any other mod that fly's your ship for you( you are allowed to use tardis mod for example).

Post some pictures and the prizes awarded will be:

First:

Craziest Rocket:

Doctor Who(use Tardis Mod):

Cheat (yes use mechjeb I dare you!):

Stock (impossible (i think)):

And finally back in one piece (no stages for you):

When you say "go to all the planets" do you mean like a Voyager style grand tour, or do you want some kind of crazy attempt to land on them, as your rules seem to indicate? Because aside from that being totally insane in terms of rocket capacity I'm fairly certain you can't land on a gas giant. The former sounds like a fun idea.

Basically go to all the planets dont care how, in which order or what mods you use, one exception no using mechjeb or any other mod that fly's your ship for you( you are allowed to use tardis mod for example).

Post some pictures and the prizes awarded will be:

First:

Craziest Rocket:

Doctor Who(use Tardis Mod):

Cheat (yes use mechjeb I dare you!):

Wait so using a nigh infinite fuel mod is okay but using mechjeb for orbital operations isn't?

Wait, why no mech jeb? It DOES NOT fly your ship for you in .17. It'll get you to the Mun and Minimus, that's it. I presume you don't know much about mechjeb. Do me a favor and google it. Why can't I use Smart A.S.S. (which just points you toward pro/retro, etc.) or Orbital information????? Inclination change is really difficult to figure out if you start anywhere outside of 0.0 degrees!! (like when you're coming in for a planet capture)

I can say that its absolutly possible to reach any planet with stockparts. If you dont consider coming back its barely easy :D

I'd say a rocket that gets back from Eve should be able to leave almost any other planet. (exept the Gasgiant of course). Anyway.. last exam is tomorow, exept some straaaaaange rockets by next week ;-)

When you say "go to all the planets" do you mean like a Voyager style grand tour, or do you want some kind of crazy attempt to land on them, as your rules seem to indicate? Because aside from that being totally insane in terms of rocket capacity I'm fairly certain you can't land on a gas giant. The former sounds like a fun idea.

This. I like this one. This one I like. Yes. Time to execute plan Stock-part Voyaker(Yes, I did dat.) Dis is gonna be good. And unlike those silly humans, this probe will be manned. Pfft, who sends unmanned probes out to do a kerbal's job? And like that over-powered Voyager, we shall send the Voyakers out to the stars!

Stock (impossible (i think))

You, sir, have been playing KSP the wrong way, as well as not watching the illustrious Scott Manley show us how it shouldn't be possible to be done and yet is done. I firmly believe a Voyager-esque tour of all the current discovered planets and moons of the Kerbol system is possible with stock parts. Saying otherwise is an insult to Nova and C7, for one, and those two don't take insults, well. You may want to be suspicious of any new parts they may send you.

And now, since I just named my next interplanetary craft Voyaker, I must take measures to avoid Nova's wrath, as that is one of his pet peeves. Toodle-loo!

It DOES NOT fly your ship for you in .17. It'll get you to the Mun and Minimus, that's it.

Wrong. Get into a solar orbit and all the planets show up in Mechjeb for transfer burns. Mechjeb only shows the orbital bodies that are around the planet/sun you're currently orbiting. Do a solar orbit and you'll see. And once you reach, let's say, Duna, only Duna's moons will appear in Mechjeb for transfer burns. It flies my ship just fine.

Wait so using a nigh infinite fuel mod is okay but using mechjeb for orbital operations isn't?

This is almost as good as my favorite challenge rule:

"All modded parts are allowed, but .cfg edits are forbidden"

Anyways, if you want to include a 'landing' on Jool, then perhaps define that as going below 1000m altitude and returning. I expect this to be very, very, difficult, if it is evne possible, because of the insane drag from dense atmosphere and huge gravity well.

Anyways, if you want to include a 'landing' on Jool, then perhaps define that as going below 1000m altitude and returning. I expect this to be very, very, difficult, if it is evne possible, because of the insane drag from dense atmosphere and huge gravity well.

Better to go for an aerobraking maneuver which would put you in a trajectory to rendezvous with one of Jool's moons. Think 2010 and the Leonov, only without the 'balloot.'

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.