So proud of myself :)

jloosh

So after working on a nice 3 person deep space vessel and failing due to performance issues (would slow down comp, and not allow me to make proper adjustments on take off), I built a 1 person ship and made it to Duna on my first attempt.

This makes me feel so good, all the good things I learned while making trips to Minmus and the Mun.

Wasn't most efficient though, wasted most of fuel to get there, only 104L left on main engines, then I have the lander, so hes stuck there but hey made it.

Won't let me screenshot....wish I could though right now, so happy!

Just wanted to share this

No, it probably doesnt help with 300 parts on the rocket either.

I just got a new MB and CPU Heatsink in today, so Im going to be formatting the HD, installing the MB and a fresh copy of windows, then OC'ing my CPU from 2.4ghz to roughly 3.2-3.6.

Ill see if that helps, but hopefully a combination of new drivers and that will make a BIG difference, but will see.

You do that, and it will should fly really pretty on any gpu (I have the oldest one, it runs @ 30FPS avg. on max settings with 306.23 version of drivers) :P

Nice, I hope I get that performance after I OC. Hopefully by the end of the year ill find a new gpu too, currently looking at a gtx 480....couple that with a lets say 3.4ghz quad core. Ohhh yeah :D

Oh btw, just tried a night landing on Duna. If it was day time, not on the side of a hill, and if I didnt cut engines to soon. I would have been on the landing gear. But didnt crash, guess im loading quick save and going to wait for a day landing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.