Undock option not available for docking ports

I've got a ship docked to a station with Junior docking ports, and the option to undock is not available on either of them. I tried using KML: it found the error and and I was able to use the option to repair it; I saved the persistent file, and restarted the game but the problem is still there. When I tried KML again, it no longer sees a problem. 

I tried following other suggestions that I found online, but got lost in the weeds, so if someone can offer a step-by-step suggestion for how to resolve this I'd appreciate it.

There is this thread with details:

Could you report the warnings from KML?

Also you could upload your save file, so that experts might hava a look. Maybe the original one plus your current one.

I'll see about uploading the current save file and the one I created before I attempted any changes with KML. And I'll try to follow that thread you provided to see if I can make sense of it to resolve the problem.  

As for the warning from KML - there were four of them, and they all said something along the lines of the state of 'docker' (?) was incorrect ... I didn't think to grab a screen shot, and now they don't appear when I run KML (at least, they didn't yesterday after I tried using it to fix the problem).  

<later>

So I must've done something wrong when I was using KML previously ... I tried again today; got three errors and was able to correct them using KML, saved the file, and now the docking pair is showing the 'undock' option. So as usual with me, there must've been a malfunction between the keyboard and the chair.

Edited by maddog59

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.