KSP Freezes Computer or Forces a Restart Upon descent into Kerbin's Atmosphere

Logs: https://mega.nz/folder/PAxFXYTB#td3mJsSxqC87zRJ7e855OA

I have been dealing with this issue for several days now. This happens when I'm descending back down into Kerbin's atmosphere always on my first flight after booting up the game. Most of the time my game will completely freeze and lock all inputs on my computer so I cannot alt+f4 or open the task manager to close it forcing me to use the power button on my computer to turn it off. On occasion it will freeze for a few seconds and then force a restart of the computer. It isn't a hardware issue as my computer is more than powerful enough to handle the game with an i7-9700k with liquid cooling, an rtx 2070, and 32 gigs of ram at 3200mhz. I've monitored temperatures a few times and they all look completely normal for a computer under load even up to the freeze. I've tried reinstalling the game and switching game versions 1.10.1 to 1.9.1.

Game Version: 1.9.1 and 1.10.1

Mods: 

AlphaMensae's Modular Launch Pads 2.1.6

Animated Decouplers 1.4.2.2

B9 Part Switch 2.18.0

Bluedog Design Bureau 1.7.3

Camera Tools continued 1.15.3

Community Resource Pack 1.4.2

Custom Pre Lauch Checks 1.8.1

Deployable Engines Plugin 1.3.0

Distant Object Enhancement Continued 2.0.2.0

Distant Object Enhancement Continued default config 2.0.2.0

DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric 0.23

Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux 3:1.11.2.1

HullcamVDS Continued  0.2.1.1

Kerbal Actuators v1.8.3

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued 3.5.2

Kerbal Reusability Expansion 2.9.1

Kerbal-Konstructs 1.8.1.15

Kerbin Side Remastered 1.0.1

KSC Extended 2.2

KSP Recall 0.1.0.5

MechJeb 2 2.12.0.0

Module Manager 4.1.4

Omega's Stockalike Structures 0.0.12

PlanetShine 0.2.6.3

PlanetShine - Default configuration 0.2.6.3

RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.31.4

Real Plume 2:v13.3.2

Real Plume - Stock Configs 4.0.7

RealChute Parachute Systems 1.4.8.2

Reentry Particle Effect Renewed 1.9.1.1

Retractable Lifting Surface Module 0.2.1.1

scatterer 3:v0.0723

Scatterer Default Config 3:v0.0723

Scatterer Sunflare 3:v0.0723

Simple Adjustable Fairings 1.12.0

SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0

SpaceX Launch Vehicles 6.5

Stock Visual Enhancements 3:v1.4.1

Stock Visual Enhancements-High Res Textures 3:1.0.8

Textures Unlimited 1.5.10.25

Tundra Exploration 4.1.0

Tundra's Space Center 2.0.1

TweakScale 2.4.5.0

VesselMover Continued 1.11.0

Waterfall Core 0.6.3

Installed with Ckan

Non Ckan Mods

ASET Props

Benjee10 shared Assests

Benjee 10 Shuttle Orbiter Construction kit

Conformal Decals

Habtech2

Habtech Props

htRobotics

Kertemis Program

reDirect

Tantares

TUFX

Edited by OdyBN

If it’s just when you enter the atmosphere, might be an issue with EVE or Scatterer. Last thing on log is EVE loading some clouds as well. Have they updated automatically and now incompatible with 1.10 maybe? I can only dream of running such frivolous mods so can’t test unfortunately.

6 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

If it’s just when you enter the atmosphere, might be an issue with EVE or Scatterer. Last thing on log is EVE loading some clouds as well. Have they updated automatically and now incompatible with 1.10 maybe? I can only dream of running such frivolous mods so can’t test unfortunately.

That is a possibility I haven't thought about yet that seems likely. I'm definitely looking into it given that I installed all of my visual mods through ckan for the most recent version of ksp which I am not on.

On 4/23/2021 at 5:27 PM, FruitGoose said:

I tried installing versions of all my visual mods that should be compatible with 1.9.1 (version I'm on right now) and had no success in stopping the issue.

I’ve just noticed you’re running Stock Visual Enhancements as well? I think there might be a conflict there with EVE and Scatterer as SVE contains Scatterer already and EVE is partly including (without the configs according to mod page so if you’ve got them it might not like it). Try removing either EVE&scatterer or SVE and see if that stops it.   There are some other visuals that may not be compatible either so you should double check those are compatible as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.