VTOL Stock Space Planes [0.17] (Stock)

BladeDrake

Ever had problems just getting off the ground? I have a few planes made entirely with stock parts, and balanced correctly, here is a picture of my most basic model, The Swoop VTOL, Please feel free to improve and expand on it. It has been modified a little then in the picture: parachutes have been added as well as ladders.

Please tell me what you think

z1b08.jpg

Edit: (25/9/19 2:57pm GMT -10) OK, So this only has a Take Off stage, and no landing it's an example, and I was trying to make a plane that could easily take off with the minimum of fuss, I'm currently working on adding a landing function, using RCS.

Lift-off:

Hold the brake, and set the throttle to maximum.

Pitch up and hit your staging button. Presto, you have lift off!!

Landing:

Deploy the parachutes and Pitch down as you get close to the ground, to stop the thruster from exploding in contact with the ground.

Edited by BladeDrake

Or could use the HyperSpace Network Mod, I already have a Swoop ballanced for Space Flight, I just built two end points, one designed to sit between the launch pad and runway, and the other orbits Kerbin at about 80km, I'm trying to go for the smallest Space Capable Vtol, using as meny stock parts as possable, and as few mods as possable

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.