The Coyote Challenge

So I was reading the excellent Coyote series by Allen Steele earlier, and I had a bit of inspiration. In the first book, a group of space travelers crosses the starry void in a nuclear-powered starship to form a colony on a moon of a gas giant. I would like to post this little challenge, then, based on the URSS Alabama's exploits:

1. Build an interplanetary transfer craft using nuclear engines as propulsion. One engine preferred.

2. Leave the transfer stage in Laythe orbit, ostensibly as a relay satellite, then descend to the surface via spaceplane.

3. Land safely. No return necessary!

But here's where things get tricky-the bonus challenges and achievements:

WHU Spirit of Social Collectivism Carried to the Stars (20 pts): Launch a second craft long after the first that gets to Laythe at a very similar time. High-energy transfers will be required, and possibly FTL mods.

Dana Monroe (10 pts): Your aircraft can return to Coyote Laythe orbit. Aerospikes and turbojets are welcomed here.

Rebellion (15 pts): Retake control of your transfer stage after jet landing (probably thanks to Mechjeb) and bring it down from orbit onto a lander from the first achievement.

Rigil Kent (20 pts): Use your lander, other landed equipment, or falling Kerbonauts to kill and destroy landers and crew from the first achievement (or any other landed mission), hopefully without loss of equipment or life on your behalf.

Pro Pilot (15 pts): Do a VTOL landing with your jet.

Ultra-Realist (40 pts): Hit solar escape velocity to simulate an interstellar mission before decelerating for Joolian injection.

Carlos Montero (20 pts): Bring or jerry-rig a boat and go for a sailing trip.

A True Kerbonaut (10 pts): Don't use Mechjeb.

What Do You Mean, "Addon Forum?" (15 pts): Stock only.

I've No Idea How I Did This (20 pts): Land a very large aircraft, using the 3-crew cockpit.

Maverick (15 pts): Land in IVA.

Colonist (20 pts): Land with a full crew capsule of some sort.

As always, pictures, videos, and elapsed-time counts are greatly appreciated. Also, try to mention any achievements you think you've... well, achieved. :D Good luck, everyone!

Finishers:

Top Scorers:

Edited by Railsmith

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.