Space Travel for Dummies!

Hi, I am fairly new to the forums but I have been playing KSP since June, I have created and scraped thousands of designs because they would never end up where I want them to go. I then found out that there is math to find out what you need to get to your destination. But I have no damn clue what they are and how to do them. If you could kindly post those equations, also please post some ships that I could use to get to the different planets of 0.17!

Thanks in advance!:D

If it applies to you I have created this thread:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/21600-Comprehensive-Video-Tutorials

Basically just advertising the series of tutorial videos I'm creating. In the video in the thread, I've included an interplanetary-capable stock ship and instructions to get it into orbit (mostly).

Tomorrow I'll be covering basic orbital maneuvers and interplanetary transfer.

I feel like a car salesman going around advertising like this, but a lot of people seem to need help that isn't available right now.

As for the math, basic orbital equations that apply to real life apply to KSP, you just have to know the unique values of the bodies themselves, which are provided in a few threads if you dig around enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.