The Kraken, alive and well...

D0SBoots

Same thing happened to me last night on my first trip to duna... i am now unable to land on Duna due to the Cthulu eating one of my lander's engines, giving me assymetrical thrust. I have parachutes so I should be able to land, but I won't be able to get back off again. Therefore my intrepid Kerbalnaut explorers are simply the first (in my game) to reach Duna.... but they can't frikkin land on it. How irritating :(

I was on my way to Moho yesterday when one of my engines was ripped off. Soon after that I encountered the uncontrollable spinning.

That could be due to your engine falling off. :P

Strangely enough though, I have never encountered this bug without trying to induce it via purposefully erratic time-warping. I think this issue could be prevalent on slower or lower-speced computers as there is more lag coming out of time-warp.

Edited by Ted

trying to land on anything other than Kerbal and it's moons are super challenging, if I thrust anything past 75% (tolerable wobble) I spin like Gemini 8, not even mechJeb knows what to do :C

I've also had problems with the space "Kraken Jr." eating my service module but not my main landing engines.

Guest themakut

The Cthulhu is a new addition, but the Kraken, the original Kraken, still exists.

It can occur at any point in time when you are not in the SOI of a planet or moon (only the sun's SOI).

Your ship will randomly start spinning, and doing the opposite of what you command it to do. You will soon lose control and enter a crazy spin. Time warping has nothing to do with the original Kraken.

Long live the Kraken.

The Cthulhu is a new addition, but the Kraken, the original Kraken, still exists.

It can occur at any point in time when you are not in the SOI of a planet or moon (only the sun's SOI).

Your ship will randomly start spinning, and doing the opposite of what you command it to do. You will soon lose control and enter a crazy spin. Time warping has nothing to do with the original Kraken.

Long live the Kraken.

The original Kraken was specific to losing control at high velocity. This new bug has nothing to do with high velocity, therefore by your own argument, is not the original Kraken. So stop confusing people by saying it is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.