Training mission regression after 1.12

I'm new to Kerbal, just working through the training missions. I had done the Go for Orbit Mission successfully using SAS and then went back to try it again with manual control, which was just after 1.12 had been downloaded. Was going OK, but when I dropped the lower stage the capsule went violently out of control. I concluded this was my reactions not being quick enough, so I tried again using SAS, and got the same result when I separated from the lower stage. I've tried it a couple of times now and every time after staging the mission terminated with a message that I was far off course. Once there was a very strange occurrence where the lower stage didn't separate cleanly, it separated a little bit and then hung there for a while before dropping off entirely. In all cases SAS was engaged, in target mode and seemed to follow the target OK.

I'm also having a problem with To the Mun Part 2 mission, but since I've never done this successfully before 1.12, that may just be a problem with what I'm doing.

I'm concluding that this is a regression in 1.12 - can someone else try the mission and confirm my results ?

28 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum @Fritz Meissner, your post has been moved from KSP 2 discussion to here, a great place to ask questions about gameplay.

Not really a gameplay issue as such, just had a look and it seems the rocket used in this tutorial is bugged.  noticed some z-fighting around the decoupler in question.  it has been moved up so it is at the top of the terrier, clipping through the shroud, when staged it collides so cant separate. either knocking the craft violently or getting stuck.  

There is also some z-fighting noticeable around the join between the 400 and 100 tanks this doesn't cause any issues though, but something has gotten out of place

1 hour ago, Rhomphaia said:

Not really a gameplay issue as such, just had a look and it seems the rocket used in this tutorial is bugged.  noticed some z-fighting around the decoupler in question.  it has been moved up so it is at the top of the terrier, clipping through the shroud, when staged it collides so cant separate. either knocking the craft violently or getting stuck.  

There is also some z-fighting noticeable around the join between the 400 and 100 tanks this doesn't cause any issues though, but something has gotten out of place

Thanks for looking. For my education, I think you are saying that the parts interfere in the vertical dimension, is that correct ? How does one look for this ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.