Navball markers not showing up

Hello 

When I watch youtube video's you can always see where the navball markers are under the level indicator.  In my game when the level indicator is close to a maker it always goes away.  I have been playing in 1.11.x  and now 1.12.  I was using  Kerbal Engineer Redux but I uninstalled and re installed KSP to make sure it didn't changed something.  When looking up the problem I see in the setting  Ghosted Navigation Markers it is set to enabled.  Setting this to disable does nothing.  I am not sure if that is the setting I need or if there is something I need to do.  I have tested this in my current career save,  a new career save, and a sandbox mode.  All are the same.  

SS are here,  What I would like is to have what is shown in the SS "Burning Prograde with Maker"  what I have in my game is the other two.  Mods have no effect.  When I first got the game in Dec I never had them and could not fine a way to make them show up.  That was in 1.11.x.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.