[WIP] Curiosity Rover

The Stinger

This has to be done, so here are a few WIP screenshots of our favorite rover.

The plan is to have retractable wheel suspension, move-able mast and unfold-able arm or maybe controllable.

The model will be less detailed than what you see in the NASA/JPL clips, but all parts will be added in one form or other.

curiosity2.png

curiosity-1.png

If you want a controllable arm, I would suggest creating models for parts that use the Damned Robotics mod. It'd give the end-user a lot of flexibility in terms of what they do with it and how.

And, I've been hoping someone would come along and do Curiosity for a while now. Bonus points if you make it shoot lasers. :D (Or one could always just slap on a laser from the Lazor mod, I suppose. Not sure if they'd fit...)

A planned feature list:

- Raise (and lower) Mast from stowed position

- Rotating "Head"

- Lower (and raise) wheel suspension.

- Completely functional arm

- Functional hazcams/mastcams

- Functional Mars Descent Imager (as camera)

- Raise (and lower) High-gain antenna

- Chemcam laser

nice to hear this mod.. i was trying to modfy current models to reach rover chasis curiosity but couldnt success to implement it to game.. i used damned roboticks resized parts / lazor / hullcam mods / edited other mods parts for create semi curiosty rover... actualy we need to to real things with rovers like kethane mod so we might need more like this addon.. something like micro isa map for iss's, lazor cam filters ect ect im actualy looking for more tools for rovers i think its better than wandering around witout any purpose...

Edited by ashrutoraman

Hola, esto es increíble, es genial, pero... ¿¿¿será descargable al público????: 0,0:: D

Translation: Hi, this is amazing, it's great, but ... Will be downloadable to the public? 0.0 :: D

Small update:

Managed to get a hazcam working, next up trying laser and arm function.

I'm still in the process of modeling the arm, and then some other smaller parts.

After that's it's texture time. :)

Hello, this is great, but ..... Will be download to the public?

Of course, but in the meantime I'll update this thread with news. :D

I'd love to see a working MAHLI arm and camera, too.

All cameras will be useable. :)

model is looking cool... are you gonna use DR for control arm?

Yea, I'm gonna try and test that today. :)

Edit: Tested idea for the arm, it works perfectly. Even with a camera stuck to it. :D

Edited by The Stinger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.