Not having much luck with .17

E. F. Kranz

On my first serious mission in .17, this happened:

First, my interplanetary stage was systematically destroyed when coming out of time warp.

Even after ditching that, I soon found the craft completely uncontrollable.

Edited by E. F. Kranz

Luckilly I've never had the craft split while on interplanetary transfer. It's only happened to me while orbiting a planet waiting for phase angles to line up. What I do is put a command pod on the launch pad and fast forward until the angles are right, since you can't time warp in the tracking station.

Sorry you had that happen on the first mission. Did you explode on your intercept course or was it in parking orbit as I described?

Try switching off ASAS and timewarping 5x briefly if it will let you, else save and reload (F5 - F9) which should fix spin, (though be warned reload causes the fuel tanks to show full when they are not).

Allegedly the Kraken laid a few eggs and one wonders if any hatched!

On my first serious mission in .17, this happened:Even after ditching that, I soon found the craft completely uncontrollable.

It's hard to try to find and recreate these types of bugs if you don't include things like, your velocity, what you were orbiting, orbital height.. I have yet to have this occur and I've been trying to recreate it. I've been to every orbital body multiple times now and nothing as of yet.

It's hard to try to find and recreate these types of bugs if you don't include things like, your velocity, what you were orbiting, orbital height.. I have yet to have this occur and I've been trying to recreate it. I've been to every orbital body multiple times now and nothing as of yet.

I've had it happen thrice now. It occurs when you go from max time warp to x1 time. I wasn't paying close attention to the game, so I can't give you any more details...

I was orbiting the sun, approaching Eve, traveling about 10,000m/s... PE was roughly 9,500,000,000.

Win7 64-bit

I was orbiting the sun, approaching Eve, traveling about 10,000m/s... PE was roughly 9,500,000,000.

Win7 64-bit

That's just weird, because I go to Eve and Moho a lot and I never have this happen. What the heck is going on?

I only use the greater than / less than signs. < > (or comma / period, if you want to be weird) :P

I realize I wasn't specific before, but it tore off three nuclear engines, one by one, after coming out of warp. I jettisoned the entire stage after the center engine came off.

Bug specs:

- happens irregularly, usually with moderate-large ships.

- appears to occur when dewarping *quickly* (ie. double clicking the 1x warp button with the mouse. Single clicking it has not caused this bug).

- occurs regardless of orbital body.

- I've only had it happen when ASAS was on. Cannot say if that is a requirement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.