Oh my Moho!?

Has anyone landed on this ball of lava disguised as a planet?

After several attempts I don't think my craft can do it. Feathering it down as easy as possible doesn't seem to cut it. Do you just need a specially built craft for this? With engines spaces apart.

After several attempts I don't think my craft can do it. Feathering it down as easy as possible doesn't seem to cut it. Do you just need a specially built craft for this? With engines spaces apart.

Yep I have landed on Moho with a custom craft, modified the Temperature of the parts ( as first attempts kept exploding ), I have managed to put a DEMV II there and am currently exploring with it.

Try landing on the outer walls of the volcanos/craters/whatever. They're the highest elevations on the planet, and the heat gets worse the lower you get. You may also want to try an RCS-heavy landing approach, as they don't generate nearly as much heat.

I have a theory on landing, but with so many crafts currently in production, is simply limited on the available time to try. Here is the theory, use a lightweight as you can make it glider for decent combined with RCS. Not sure if the rcs can make the difference, but is a thought?

I've landed there several times, the best place to land is probably on the top of the volcano, some parts of it are above 10-11km. Depending on where you land you are pretty much still above the atmosphere where it heats up. I have also landed at lower levels by feathering the throttle as you said, but they were still at higher altitudes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.