What is "TransferSimple"?

I've been having a recurring problem regarding transfer between trojans, where below a certain orbital period (in this case 1 day 14 hours) the game gets mad and permanently freezes, requiring a force restart of the game. To narrow down this issue I've been looking at the KSP logs, which in both cases include a line regarding something called TransferSimple immediately before the crash (so fast that it isn't logged in the other logs).  As follows is the most recent one:
"[TransferSimple]: startdV:1644.10367810635 enddV:1744.10367810635 initialClosestApproach 4619879337.44145
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)"

Do you think this is related to my problem, and if so what does it mean?

The stock maneuver tool has many issues, especially with non-stock planetary configurations.
And due to its fragile multithreaded implementation, those bugs tend to end much more badly than the usual KSP issues.

So unfortunately, the only answer I can give is to use a mod instead. MechJeb is a quite good option.

2 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

The stock maneuver tool has many issues, especially with non-stock planetary configurations.
And due to its fragile multithreaded implementation, those bugs tend to end much more badly than the usual KSP issues.

So unfortunately, the only answer I can give is to use a mod instead. MechJeb is a quite good option.

Like, just... don't use maneuver nodes? Because that doesn't work- the game still crashes even if the maneuver is done without a node.

6 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

More information please- a modlist would really help, as would the full logs (see below). Is this the stock Kerbol system or a planet pack? Are you using the stock tool to create this transfer burn?

Right, apologies. I can't tell what combination of my various mods might cause it (I was hoping someone would just know what TransferSimple is and whether it's from a mod or stock and whether it might actually be the cause of my problem), so I'll post a screenshot of my modlist in the hopes that it's obvious what the hell TransferSimple is from.

unknown.png

"DesertSite", "LevanaSuits", and "StationPartsModification" are my own personal mods, which only modify some parts and create a KerbalKonstructs launch site. I apologize for not having a more easily parseable mods folder- frankly, I'm more willing to abandon going to this trojan than to puzzle out all of this excrement.

I discovered this issue in a different install, with a different modload; unfortunately I'm not actually sure what mods were installed in that one. In the Whirligig World planet pack, there is a moon named Kerbmun; there's a config setting built-in that allows one to start on this moon. It has a co-orbital trojan called Troymin, which is likely to be one's first target when venturing beyond Kerbmun. If one escapes to an orbit around Mesbin that will efficiently get one to Troymin- that is, one that closely resembles the orbit of both moons- once they leave Kerbmun's sphere of influence (or else if they make a maneuver that changes the orbit into this dangerous orbit), the game will proceed normally for ~3 seconds before freezing- time will not progress and the game will not respond, but music and engine sounds will play.

Here are the logs- note that TransferSimple only occurs at the very end of the log, making me suspect it's not a routine thing.

https://sostrata.neocities.org/Player.txt

Edited by Tangle

4 hours ago, Tangle said:

Like, just... don't use maneuver nodes? Because that doesn't work- the game still crashes even if the maneuver is done without a node.

No, I'm talking about the 1.12 maneuver planner tool. Maneuver nodes are fine.
The maneuver planner tool runs a bunch of computations in the background, even if you don't use it, and if those fail (and they often do with various planet packs), this has the effect of freezing the game (or at least giving very heavy stuttering) and eventually crashing it.
KSPCommunityFixes adds a toggle that allow you to disable it entirely.

8 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

No, I'm talking about the 1.12 maneuver planner tool. Maneuver nodes are fine.
The maneuver planner tool runs a bunch of computations in the background, even if you don't use it, and if those fail (and they often do with various planet packs), this has the effect of freezing the game (or at least giving very heavy stuttering) and eventually crashing it.
KSPCommunityFixes adds a toggle that allow you to disable it entirely.

Unfortunately, my KSPCommunityFixes install has that setting set to "true"- So I must assume the problem arises elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Tangle said:

Unfortunately, my KSPCommunityFixes install has that setting set to "true"- So I must assume the problem arises elsewhere.

It doesn't disable the maneuver tool by default. There is a setting for that in the main in-game settings menu.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:24 AM, Gotmachine said:

It doesn't disable the maneuver tool by default. There is a setting for that in the main in-game settings menu.

This appears to have solved the problem!! Thank you so much for coping with my whole thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.