Hey Guys!

CptAsian

Hey, CptAsian here.

So, I guess I'll start out by sharing how I found out about Kerbal Space Program. I found out about KSP by watching some video that my friend sent me about some guy, many of you may have heard of him, by the YouTube channel name of "kurtjmac". I watched part of one of his KSP videos, and I enjoyed it, and so I watched his whole series. I play on a Mac, and was very happy to discover that KSP is available for Mac, unlike what feels like every single other game on the planet. Anyhow, I played and really enjoyed the demo, so I bought the game and have been playing it a bit for a month or so. I never bothered to make an account on the forums, but here I am.

One quick question I might add here: Has anyone else gotten KSP 0.17 on a Mac? The download seems to be very different from the 0.16, and I can't seem to find the game itself. I'll look again, just to be sure that I'm not just being silly.

Anyhow, I have to say that in-game, I'm much more entertained by the spaceplanes than the rockets. It's just me. I'd like to say that I'm about average at this game. Maybe a little below average, but I really enjoy it, so it's cool.

Well, I guess that's all, so see you all on the forums, and happy launching!

Hi CptAsian, welcome to the community :)

Unfortunately the patcher is buggy on OSX, and it is advised that Mac users download the full release from their store profile download page, instructions here.

Kurt has introduced a lot of players to KSP, his videos are very popular :)

I have to agree about the planes, being able to make our own is a lot of fun and a lot less difficult than reaching the new planets in 0.17

I hope you have fun here on the forums CptAsian :)

Hello CptAsian!

I found KSP from my favorite Youtube LP'er Kikoskia, I loved his appreciation of the game but he rarely takes his games seriously so I had to look for a "serious" LP'er for KSP and found kurtjmac as well. The man knows what he's doing! Can't say the same for myself, but my 6 year old makes up for my lack of creative thinking! I just know how a keyboard works and have hands big enough to use it!

BTW, watch kurt's video on building his Lego space shuttle. It's good for quite a few laughs!