Do you play with a custom solar system, what are its parameters?

KerikBalm

I'd just like to hear about the custom systems that other people play with (in addition to the common modded systems like JNSQ, OPM, etc).

Here's mine:

• Sigma dimensions rescaling: from 3x to 6.25x (no atmosphere rescaling, 1x atmosphere for Kerbin is proportionately way too thick, and doesn't stop being that way until you get to 7 or 8x rescale); Terrain height: 0.5 rescale for 3x or 4x, 0.35 rescale for 6.25x (net 2.1875x higher mountains)
  • Sun: radius decreased to be proportionately closer to our sun, surface gravity increased (so that it has the same mass)
  • Moho: Surface G increased to 0.38G
  • Eve - gravity: 0.91 G; radius: 570 km radius before rescale (0.95 that of Kerbin),  Atmosphere: surface pressure starts at 20 ATM instead of 5 (most rockets have VERY bad ISP at sea level. Finding a tall mountain- which may be 1.5 to 2.2x higher with the rescale, is very important, or using props. The atmosphere is still only 90km high)
  • Kerbin - Science multipliers buffed a bit, geysers, bassalts, volcanic rocks, iceberg surface features added, to partially make up for the loss of Minmus
  • Mun - Moved to where Minmus would normally be, science multipliers buffed to those of stock Minmus
  • Minmus - moved to an orbit similar to that of Dres, science multipliers buffed slightly
  • Duna: shallow seas added, gravity increased to 0.37 G, now orbits "Rald"
  • Rald: New planet, uses Mars' heightmap, has oceans, 0.53 G, O2 atmosphere (0.2 Atms), 450km radius before rescale
  • Ike, put in a distant orbit around Rald-Duna (considering kicking it out entirely, to keep Dres and Minmus company)
  • Dres: radius and surface G decreased to be closer to that of Ceres (I forget how much though)
  • Jool: surface G increased to 2.5G, to be more like Jupiter
  • Jools' moons - scaled down to be proportionately closer to their analogues (I forget how much though, I think Tylo and Layth have hteir surface G reduced to something like 0.3 G, and their radius down to 2/3 or half....)
  • Eeloo: No change

I'm somewhat interested in adding OPM on top of this, but honestly, OPM on top of a rescale ensures that I will abandon a save before any mission I launch to an outer planet gets there - except on my single mission sandbox saves.

Edited by KerikBalm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.