Gas Planet 2 and 3 as rouge planets.

I'm sure some of you have heard of Gas Planet 2 and 3, two giant planets never added to KSP:

Gas planet 2

Above: Test image of Gas planet 2 (no image of Gas Planet 3)

But what if one or more were added in KSP2 as rouge planets? It would certainly be a very neat challenge and could lead to some very interesting finds and could fit in with the rest of KSP2's lore, for instance Gas Planet 2 and 3 could have been thrown out of the system by Jool or some other event that could have something to do with the systems around Kerbol  but Eeloo (which was meant to be a moon of Gas Planet 2) was spared and is now a leftover of what was once there.

This would also fit with the devs plan to never change the layout of the Kerbol system itself but could instead add to the intrigue of places like Eeloo, and could also give players the chance to learn about rouge planets and system-disrupting events, like planets being ejected due to violent events like planetary or stellar encounters.

Edited by Minmus Taster

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

"rouge" is "red" in French.  Or reddish.  "Rogue" is the word for a planet that is not orbiting a star, not "rouge"

That totally flew over my head.

8 minutes ago, siklidkid said:

That totally flew over my head.

Decades of dealing with mild dyslexia have created a circuit in my brain that triple checks for letter transpositions and it overflows when reading others' writing.  I apologize, really.  Not trying to be annoying and may have failed at being funny with it. 

Anyway, the rogue planets would be kind of pointless if they orbit nothing as at some point they'd be too far away to get to.  So maybe if the former Kerbol giants ended up captured in one or two of the new star systems in KSP2, or in very large highly eccentric orbits around Kerbol.  Or how about they orbit each other in huge orbit around Kerbol with a dozen moons, some shared.  That could be cool

34 minutes ago, darthgently said:

Decades of dealing with mild dyslexia have created a circuit in my brain that triple checks for letter transpositions and it overflows when reading others' writing.  I apologize, really.  Not trying to be annoying and may have failed at being funny with it. 

Anyway, the rogue planets would be kind of pointless if they orbit nothing as at some point they'd be too far away to get to.  So maybe if the former Kerbol giants ended up captured in one or two of the new star systems in KSP2, or in very large highly eccentric orbits around Kerbol.  Or how about they orbit each other in huge orbit around Kerbol with a dozen moons, some shared.  That could be cool

I'm mildly dyslexic too, i thought rouge was rogue when i saw this.

A rogue planet might be fun as an easter egg. If you really wanted to make it worth visiting, the devs could place a resource there, but I don't think they should do that. I think it would be cool to make it extremely difficult to find and access, but have an easter egg or some cool surface feature.

Edited by Lithobrake
clarity