SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

I am a long time kerbonaut but this is my first post on these forums so... hi!

Down to business. This is Kerbiter One, orbiting at a height of 250 km (104 parts, 64 tons, 5 modules):

GYzKXNm.png

Here's Malsy Fuel Station at a height of 580 km (398 parts, 190 tons, 8 modules):

l8ALOUf.png

And finally my pride and joy, the Winie Interplanetary Rescue Vehicle at 400 km (342 parts, 290 tons, 8 modules):

GVCfVWF.png

These vehicles are all made of stock parts and were launched without any mods/cheats/edits. And them tanks is full, baby!

This is my pretty basic space station, the High Flyer 1! Currently in low Kerbin orbit. Its basically 3 parts so far; Habitation, Core, and Tug. The general idea is that the core and the tug basically double as a tank+drive which then get left at the destination planet/moon to be used as a future outpost.

This thing has some HydroJeb parts, but I realize I've really only been using them as mono storage. I can do docking quite easily on my own now and automated docking uses waaaaay too much mono for my tastes.

DgPGgMv.jpg

I....I....I can't actually believe it. I've actually managed not only to build a working Space Station but have also managed to dock with it. For most this isn't much of an achievement but.......still. I've never felt so proud of something I've done in KSP.

Pictures follow.

UXiVEPg.png

psWVBsI.png

tlBz0an.png

gSTLpeD.png

l4KGRrl.png

pCA85hS.png

Also, please let me know what Y'all think of the Station design. It originally had more sections but those were only there for the Cirrus balloons. Yup, this thing got into space purely on Cirrus balloons.

Adding the KOS (Kerbin Orbital Station) Morningstar to this section, though it is still under construction. Currently, she sits at 942 parts (including the two orbital tugs hard at work on the assembly).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Unless KSP is miraculously optimized in the near future, all add-ons to this craft will be done via MechJeb... when I have something else to do... The journey may be long, but the achievement all the sweeter.

Why two tugs? Construction is currently plagued by a docking glitch, which forces the middle tug to pull the solar panels away before the second tug can undock.

I really like your space station. Did you use any mods to make it?? :)

First, i'm sorry for taking my time for answaring xD

And no, i didn't use any mod and i'm not using them right now, i prefer to play te game wihout mods until i feel that i want to try them.

And a bit talking about K.I.S.S., i recently add two more modules, they're not fancy or cool, because they're just the litle docking module, for up to three ships, and an extension module. I plan to put other 3 extension modules as the first i put ut, and the put two refueling modules.

When i do that i'll post some more pics :)

My space station with a very unoriginal name (KSS - Kerbal Space Station), but with rather unique parts.

smww.png

Left: a small weapon module with 6 orbital bombs and 2 long range missiles

Right: Long range communication antenna

6z1w.png

7b7q.png

z03.png

And that's supposed to be the "conference room", where all kinds of crazy **** is being discussed :P

It's on the outside because of the nice view, and so that noone will hear them scream at eachother.

Edited by TheThing345

Okay, here some Stuff from the OKB-1 guys. currently working on improving the Stock MIR. feel free to visit us in the rocketbuilder corner. updated MIR will be relaesed after i finished the polishing.

here MIR-Core with one Soyuz Spacecraft docked.

lnw.png

KSP%25202013-06-26%252009-44-14-48.jpg

KSP%25202013-06-26%252009-44-03-04.jpg

This station is so big that my PC had enough and keep on crashing right now I can't even load it :) to bad I wanted to add some more parts to it

Edited by Leles

Hi again guys!

I had a little problem with the refueling modules, they were too heavy to lift them up. I solved that by dividing them into two parts, getting them in orbit, and after that a heavy thug would assemble them with K.I.S.S.

Right now i only put up the first middle of the refueling module, i plan to put the other half on those days.

Here are some pics!

ztwf.png

q5ye.png

u3xj.png

pegc.png

And here the album!

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10221730/

By the way, there are 2 more kerbal in K.I.S.S. one of them is Jebediah :D I love that guy, always smiling in his epic way!

I hope you like it! See you on the next update!

My first station, built 2 months ago :

6ffed69e-16b3-4404-884a-bd37510bc925.jpg 5f0638d6-b6bf-462e-8c81-d0d2053bdddb.jpg

Almost entirely stock, with the exception of a MechJeb module and some Quantum Struts, I must admit that it has a bit too much lights ^^ The upper module originally had two solar panels but one of them was broken during a wrong maneuver.

My stations are 100% stock, no plug-ins or add-ons, built with multiple launches. Sort of my own challenge to myself about building large and interesting structures while keeping to the basic game. But I admit to being a bit envious of the beautiful rings and habitats shown in this thread.

My sixth station, a fuel depot, currently in orbit at 100km around Kerbin:

screenshot2.png

My seventh station, a research station, at 200km is still under construction:

screenshot1.png

The previous five generations of stations where of mixed success. Version four is still in orbit around the Mun, but the others have since been "retired" into the seas of Kerbin.

Edited by bobcook

bhQk4cD.jpg

My first station, now orbiting Mun. Was built with no good plan and all one launch except for the docked fuel tanks. Poorly laid out, fragile, needlessly complex, WAY too many parts for being only 50 tons and I didn't realize there was a window where I put the solar panel. It was built to only one purpose and that was too look spiffy.

My Space station, still building it.

screenshot4.png

Two ships docked, 1 remote fuel tanker and a research vessal.

The Fuel tanker can land back at the KSP once its done(keeping the cost somewhat down so you can reuse it later. not that KSP has a cost :P, i try to think it does).

screenshot5.png

A Crew ship docked, i use it for move crews around from kerbal to the station.

Power is made from two Kethane gens. I plan to add some more fuel tanks for doing long missions to other planets.

This is my station, Alcatraz Maximum Security Space Motel and Gas Station, now with six spaceplanes of three point five different types, the Abby (small ones) the Abby B (small one with boosters) the Preston (the two medium ones) and the Wendy (the single large one). It has a full compliment of gas, RCS, and acommodation for 4x4x4 inmates in the forward section. It took 14 different flights and dockings, no mods (just scotch). 285 tonnes, and 470 parts in total, orbiting at 150km.

pcsSKIQ.jpg

These are the spaceplane launch configurations that I used:

Abby - http://i.imgur.com/uBxIQkL.jpg

Preston - http://i.imgur.com/5BoxBFD.jpg

Wendy - http://i.imgur.com/BylR6wC.jpg

Edited by Agent86

This is my station, Alcatraz Maximum Security Space Motel and Gas Station, now with six spaceplanes of three point five different types, the Abby (small ones) the Abby B (small one with boosters) the Preston (the two medium ones) and the Wendy (the single large one). It has a full compliment of gas, RCS, and acommodation for 4x4x4 inmates in the forward section. It took 14 different flights and dockings, no mods (just scotch). 285 tonnes, and 470 parts in total, orbiting at 150km.

http://i.imgur.com/pcsSKIQ.jpg

These are the spaceplane launch configurations that I used:

Abby - http://i.imgur.com/uBxIQkL.jpg

Preston - http://i.imgur.com/5BoxBFD.jpg

Wendy - http://i.imgur.com/BylR6wC.jpg

thats alot of space planes there :P and a mean looking station