SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Hey there everyone! I'm posting screenshots of Space Station Archangel, my primary all-purpose space station in LKO.

Daytime:

screenshot446.png

Nighttime:

screenshot460.png

I named her the Archangel because, besides watching over all of the other ships, probes, and satelites orbiting Kerbin, I wanted her to be a grand station that can and will weather through any and all odds to fly on. Those of you who can accurately guess the inspiration for her name (hint: anime) gets cookies!

She is a modular space station by design, built around a "Core" 6-Way Module. Towards the front is the Command Module "Archangel", where Jeb (commander!), Bill, Bob, and Derdred command and oversee the station. Above and below the 6-way right behind the CM are the two primary Service/Habitation Modules "Eternal" (below) and "Freedom" (above) that also serve as lifeboats and secondary solar array modules. The two SMs work in tandem together with the CM to manage and housekeep the station, checking each other for any errors in their calculations, providing redundancy and accuracy to help ensure a safe flight!

Towards the rear is the Communications Module "Ptolemaios I" where Archangel keeps in touch with KSC and all other appropriate vessels, and further behind it is the Docking Hub Module "Ptolemaios II" where all visiting ships dock to the station for refueling, resupplying, and crew boarding/deboarding.

To the port and starboard of the station from the 6-way are the two Solar Array/Habitation Modules "Aile I" and "Aile II" (inner starboard and port respectively) and the two Solar Array/Greenhouse Modules "Ptolemy I" and "Ptolemy II" (outer starboard and port respectively), the two Aile+Ptolemy modules provide the primary means of producing electricity for Archangel as well as food (KerbalSnax!) in the case of Ptolemy I and II.

Archangel is in a ~150km circular equatorial prograde orbit above Kerbin, usually its front pointed towards Kerbol for maximum solar array efficiency with a Normal+/- vertical orbital orientation for easier stationkeeping and docking.

When 0.21 rolls around, I am hopeful that I can get her up and running again so she can keep on flying. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

can i dock Freedom and Justice on it? :P

can i dock Freedom and Justice on it? :P

Cookies for you! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Archangel was recently visited by the Dagger Unmanned Resupply/Booster Vessel, docking to the rear-most large docking port on the Ptolemaios II module, and has been boosted to a 200km orbit from 150km to get further away from the 130km debris-riddled parking orbit. She's still flying strong even in the face of other ships (especially those around the Mun) being poked by the Kraken! :cool:

#4 will mysteriously disappear after an unexplained tachyon surge

#5 should be good though

SS-3 has survived all secrete space Krakken attacks (so far, oh god I just jinxed it :P )/whatever other random space station destruction thing is out there, so has my Mun space station MSS-1 :D

Hey guys. . . just felt like sharing my ship and station, the Russian Progress Module (with the orbital stage of the Soyuz launcher), and the nearly-completed Russian segment of the ISS-replica that I'm trying to make. Mods used are the KOSMOS pack (love the accuracy and uniqueness of the parts), and mr. Fusty's Fustek Space Station parts, very nice IVAs in the parts as well, Kerbal Crew Manifest to enable Crew Transfers between the KOSMOS parts and some of the Fustek parts, Ioncross Crew Support, I really like this particular mod too, Modular Fuels plugin. . . I like to mess around with what stages use what fuel mixes, :D and of course the ol' reliable Mechjeb for fine-tuning of it's orbit. Enjoy. :)

TGsCSIX.png

jGan6FX.png

dtn1XmY.png

WvpM53x.png

And I happen to get this too while I was at it. :)

lxPF6aA.png

fKFbLGW.png

kiLqGWi.png

4iooI8s.png

I'm quite new playing KSP, started few weeks ago. But I'm having lot's of fun with it.

This is the first attempt to build functional space station.

Named it simply: Station-K-

W2wNQD5.png

I made it so that it is very easily upgraded if wanted, lots of possibilities to add new modules.

-K- from behind

ydSjaqI.png

other angle

tuGHpqd.png

and one of inhabitants, this one is Billy one of the original core crew

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/A6l2y0M.png

It has massive amount of parts, so you can really know when you're close to the Station-K- :D

I was thinking to make a blog from the developing this and other Kerbal projects I have in mind.

Edited by Masashi86
Linked the pictures to right URL

I'm quite new playing KSP, started few weeks ago. But I'm having lot's of fun with it.

I made it so that it is very easily upgraded if wanted, lots of possibilities to add new modules.

-K- from behind

other angle

It has massive amount of parts, so you can really know when you're close to the Station-K- :D

I was thinking to make a blog from the developing this and other Kerbal projects I have in mind.

You need to upload images to a host (Like imgur) and link that, you can't link from your documents.

You need to upload images to a host (Like imgur) and link that, you can't link from your documents.

just wondering, do you do something to the images in imgur to make them show up large instead of having to put links to the website? Because the image thing won't work for me :huh:

W2wNQD5.png

-K- from behind

MCqt1vm.png

other angle

tuGHpqd.png

A6l2y0M.png

It has massive amount of parts, so you can really know when you're close to the Station-K-

Hey there everyone! I'm posting screenshots of Space Station Archangel, my primary all-purpose space station in LKO.

Daytime:

screenshot446.png

Nighttime:

screenshot460.png

very interested in these greenhouse modules, hadnt seen anything except Bobcats HOME stuff. What mod pack can i find these in?

In the final days of Kerbin's 0.20 Defiance Aerospace program, an ambitious attempt to build a revolutionary space station to provide needs for every interplanetary-bound craft. Something to leave behind for those in 0.21 and beyond. Enter Ascension Station.

n4CSQRJ.jpg

Weighing in at 200 tons (not including Kethane weight), 634 parts, and room for 27 Kerbals, this station holds large supplies of Kethane, xenon, basic rocket fuel, and monopropellant. It acts as a recharging facility for any craft needing electricity, has a garage for 2 RCS Bikes (not included), an escape pod bank in case disaster strikes, multiple comms. arrays, several hydroponics modules, state-of-the-art scanning and sensor technologies, and a holographic system display. Also it looks really pretty.

uVqJJe2.png

7VyeRZL.jpg

Ma2PxGR.png

Sadly it's too laggy to be useful. It's only there for the Rule Of Cool. ;.;

It was really hard to assemble! I put it on a 400 km orbit with a 51.6 degree inclination. That makes rendezvous a little harder. I also made some mistakes, and assembled some things 2 at a time. It took more than 22 launches, and about 4-5 more docking maneuvers to get everything in the right place. Not including the general explosions of rockets on the ground... lol.

It looks it. I probably wouldn't dare start something like that...for fear of it nearly crashing my aging computer every time I came within drawing distance. :P

Too busy playing with space-planes to post stations lately - then realised I'd need something to dock them with. New 0.20 Kerbin station, HMS Scunthorpe.

ch2yug7nqjmdl9lfg.jpg

2ebhis0jcxfiekufg.jpg

Your Station is a beaut; If I may ask, where did you get your ring from? I noticed around the ring are stock fuselage parts, but the ring itself does not seem to be stock girders.

Hey guys. . . I dunno if you've seen this on the previous post:

WvpM53x.png

Well, I finally got to finish the whole thing. . . after a day or two of KSP for more than 12 hours each. :D

I PRESENT TO YOU: The Modded KSS

fYvpGzd.png

Mods used: KOSMOS, Fustek Station parts Ioncross, MJ (always great help), JARFR Truss pack (love the trusses), Modular Fuel Tanks mod, and RemoteTech. Enjoy. . . even though it's a bit picture-heavy and the panel crates SAY that it's supposed to warp like that in space. :)

vSmkAGw.png

milMPl3.png

PRUxuYY.png

tiAIYeX.png

vPt9m0R.jpg

C1oA9iM.jpg

GzNa1Wf.png

And here's a screenshot if you want to know it's part count. :) And yeah. . . it's a real lag cannon. . . but I love it nonetheless. :D