Can KSP run on the Apple M2 chips

Got one of those new Macbook Pros with the M2 chip, started up my kerbal save and the application hangs. Then I downloaded a fresh copy of the app, 1.12.3, with no added mods and tried again, application still hangs.

Is KSP able to run on the M2 chips? 

54 minutes ago, johnnyhandsome said:

Got one of those new Macbook Pros with the M2 chip, started up my kerbal save and the application hangs. Then I downloaded a fresh copy of the app, 1.12.3, with no added mods and tried again, application still hangs.

Is KSP able to run on the M2 chips? 

I'm playing KSP on the M1 chip, and it runs perfectly. Just make sure to go to the 'Get Info' menu (or press Command+I with the app selected) and tick the checkbox 'open with Rosetta".

5 hours ago, Misguided Kerbal said:

I'm playing KSP on the M1 chip, and it runs perfectly. Just make sure to go to the 'Get Info' menu (or press Command+I with the app selected) and tick the checkbox 'open with Rosetta".

Interesting. I don't see that option at all  under 'Get Info,' not sure what to do now

28 minutes ago, johnnyhandsome said:

Interesting. I don't see that option at all  under 'Get Info,' not sure what to do now

My bad, it's not actually an option with KSP, since I don't it has apple silicon support - it's native intel, so it only runs with rosetta and you don't have the option to change that. 

Try opening KSP using the launcher, I remember getting startup issues with KSP the first time I downloaded. I ran it through the launcher, and then KSP magically worked - you just need to open it with the launcher once, and you should be able to just open the app regularly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.