[1.9.x - 1.12.x] BDArmory Plus (BDA+) v1.6.12.0 [2024-06-13]

DocNappers

3 hours ago, Birdman31 said:

My game appears to be having trouble with the new update. 
the game starts fine on the 1.6.11 version but it fails to start on the 1.6.12 version and I'm not exactly sure why

Check for errors and exceptions in your KSP.log file. It's working correctly for me ™, so I would need more information to figure out why it's not working for you.

1 hour ago, DocNappers said:

Check for errors and exceptions in your KSP.log file. It's working correctly for me ™, so I would need more information to figure out why it's not working for you.

Would you like to see the log file? there does seem to be a few issues with BDarmory

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c-ziGQsfWldvaRhHYVZN4mLoIhC1QfxY/view?usp=sharing

On 6/15/2024 at 1:51 PM, Birdman31 said:

Would you like to see the log file? there does seem to be a few issues with BDarmory

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c-ziGQsfWldvaRhHYVZN4mLoIhC1QfxY/view?usp=sharing

I don't see anything in the log that would prevent KSP from starting.

The errors in the log from BDArmory about using default values when it's parsing various bullet types aren't important (they should really only be warnings), they just indicate that those bullet types might not be working as originally intended due to incomplete or outdated configs.

The log ends after parsing the various material types, which is generally where the log entries change to that of other mods (such as EVE for my installs, but may be different on yours). So, I suspect that it's a different mod that is preventing KSP from starting. You might be able to find more info in the Player.log file (see https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/ for where that might be) and/or by setting "LOG_INSTANT_FLUSH = True" in KSP's main settings.cfg file.

I was wondering if a cleaner variant of the open cockpit be added. I know it doesn't fit the part description, but having a taped-together, paint-scratched cockpit in a craft with no other parts in such condition looks a little odd.

Unrelated, but is there a way to get rid of this? I don't know why it shows, and why it doesn't appear to show with the Oerlikon,

https://imgur.com/a/VT2hxmh

Edited by Av8tor8a

On 6/19/2024 at 3:08 AM, Av8tor8a said:

I was wondering if a cleaner variant of the open cockpit be added. I know it doesn't fit the part description, but having a taped-together, paint-scratched cockpit in a craft with no other parts in such condition looks a little odd.

Unrelated, but is there a way to get rid of this? I don't know why it shows, and why it doesn't appear to show with the Oerlikon,

https://imgur.com/a/VT2hxmh

BDA+ isn't a parts mod. It only has a few parts designed to show off what functionality is supported. So, variations on the open cockpit would be more appropriate in other mods such as "Moderately Plane Related" or "BDArmory Extended" (though the latter is more focussed on weapons).

The "weapon alignment indicator" (which I presume is what you're referring to) is toggled with F2 in the SPH. The other toggle BDA+ provides in the SPH is a CASE ammo explosion visualiser, which is toggled with F3.

3 hours ago, DocNappers said:

BDA+ isn't a parts mod. It only has a few parts designed to show off what functionality is supported. So, variations on the open cockpit would be more appropriate in other mods such as "Moderately Plane Related" or "BDArmory Extended" (though the latter is more focussed on weapons).

I believe that would be the case if you're talking about it as a separate part. I was thinking of a legitimate variant similar to what is available to the AWACS radar. I imagine someone would need to get approval to incorporate a variant of a part not present in their mod, but I could be mistaken.

4 hours ago, DocNappers said:

The "weapon alignment indicator" (which I presume is what you're referring to) is toggled with F2 in the SPH. The other toggle BDA+ provides in the SPH is a CASE ammo explosion visualiser, which is toggled with F3.

Thank you. But why wouldn't it appear on the Oerlikon?

5 hours ago, Av8tor8a said:

I believe that would be the case if you're talking about it as a separate part. I was thinking of a legitimate variant similar to what is available to the AWACS radar.

Ah ok, I can ask the others (I don't do the modelling side of things, only the coding). The guy that originally made the open cockpit is vary rarely around and I'm not sure what's involved in making a variant for a part from an existing model.

5 hours ago, Av8tor8a said:

Thank you. But why wouldn't it appear on the Oerlikon?

The alignment indicator doesn't show for APS (Active Protection System) turrets, but I suspect that it's a bug that it's not showing for turrets that can act both as APS and regular turrets.

50 minutes ago, DocNappers said:

The alignment indicator doesn't show for APS (Active Protection System) turrets, but I suspect that it's a bug that it's not showing for turrets that can act both as APS and regular turrets.

I see, thank you for clarifying.

The missile using " Modular missile " cannot keep a constant low altitude ( I set cruise mode to 30m ) and the missile continuously increases and decreases altitude which causes it to be detected . Can active probe radar be added? , just fire the missile and it will automatically lock on the target and rush in

idk if it is this mod but it is really annoying, the Firebottles, When i fly my super sonic jet at mach 4.3-4.5 (Changes in altitude), i normally fly at 16.200 meters and then the small fireball apears on one of my tanks and takes my fire bottles and then expldoes my craft, it is getting really annoying, does anybody have solution? Thanks!

22 hours ago, CalvonVulcan said:

idk if it is this mod but it is really annoying, the Firebottles, When i fly my super sonic jet at mach 4.3-4.5 (Changes in altitude), i normally fly at 16.200 meters and then the small fireball apears on one of my tanks and takes my fire bottles and then expldoes my craft, it is getting really annoying, does anybody have solution? Thanks!

Without looking at anything, but having dealt with these issues, it is possible that you are experiencing the Kraken.  at those velocities, the floating-point math can get messy for your individual parts.  if it is only happening when you change altitudes at that speed, it would explain it.  Yes rockets seem to work, but it is a different flight regime.  Of course I could be wrong, but that's my guess.  I don't think it is the Mod.

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

Without looking at anything, but having dealt with these issues, it is possible that you are experiencing the Kraken.  at those velocities, the floating-point math can get messy for your individual parts.  if it is only happening when you change altitudes at that speed, it would explain it.  Yes rockets seem to work, but it is a different flight regime.  Of course I could be wrong, but that's my guess.  I don't think it is the Mod.

no, not the kraken, ive done it what feels like a million times before installing BDArmory and it has never happened