Help with FAR Mod please

EDIT:

Just in case anyone gets completely confused with FAR's lack of wiki/manuals, I found it on the github page... yes, it was in plain sight, but also hidden. I mean, documentation should be a bit more obvious to find. Anyway, I found it, and it clarified some of my confusions. Here is for whoever didn't know there is one:
https://github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/wiki/An-Example-SSTO-Design-Process

---

Although this question involves a mod, I'm not asking it in mod's topic, because it's more about user experience and gameplay, I hope this will land well with moderators or conservative forum members, thank you.

Not long after I started to enjoy KSP I decided to experiment with all those wonderful extensions and mods. One of them was KSP GroundEffect and I noticed some changes in how aircrafts behaved. But then I found this Ferram Aerospace Research Continued that promises a completely new aerodynamic model, so I decided to try it... I think I wasn't prepared for it.
- First thing I noticed the controls for my aircrafts were messed-up, they weren't moving the way I expected.
- Then, when i wanted to reconfigure them, assuming it was a glitch, I noticed the configuration options were completely different and there is when it started to become confusing...
- Lastly, as you can see in the screenshot below, my aircraft blew to pieces at the slightest pitch adjustment...

So, I decided it's time to ask the experts. And here I am, asking: How should one "do stuff" in KSP with this mod installed? Please guide me, help me understand what's going on, how you do things and basically take my hand and walk me through. At this point I'm so lost and frustrated that my other alternative is just to uninstall the mod... which would be a pity, considering what it advertises...

screenshot23.png

Edited by Matrazuchi

5 hours ago, Matrazuchi said:

- Lastly, as you can see in the screenshot below, my aircraft blew to pieces at the slightest pitch adjustment...

I'm not sure how exactly FAR works, but this is probably because you're flying really fast through dense air. The dynamic pressure on your plane at the time of the screenshot is about 132 kPa (assuming you're at the equator just before noon, which is what it looks like to me based on Kerbol's reflection in the water). In comparison, a typical rocket launch in real life reaches a maximum dynamic pressure of about 30 kPa, and even that's enough to cause significant structural concerns.

When you're flying against that much pressure, slight pitch adjustments will cause the wings to start producing a huge amount of lift, and in this case, it's more than they can handle.

There's a reason why planes don't normally go supersonic until they're high up in the atmosphere.

Stock is meant to be playable and fun. That includes letting you make sharp turns while buzzing the tower at mach 2. :)

FAR is meant to be realistic. That includes violently ripping your wings off if you look at them wrong while in the lower atmosphere. :P

There's a time and place (and player type) for each of those. The great part is that we get to choose!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.