Challenge: Build a Space station in Geo-Stationary orbit...Catch..

Zaeo

Alright. So this Challenge is a simple Idea. Build a Space station that will be forever visible above kerbal space center, no matter the time of day. And by visible, I mean VISIBLE. It needs to be large enough to see from the ground at ~the brightness of Minmus, if not more. Props to those who can build one that is about the size of a bb pellet as seen from kerbal.

Mods that will help Achieve this: Erkle's Docking, ORDA.

Screenshots of final product from kerbal and near the waking behemoth. Mechjeb is not allowed, but informational mods are.

Good luck, Kerbonauts! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!

I made a space station with so many parts it ran at 1 FPS in space. and I couldn't even see it from another ship that was going to dock with it 5 km away.

Come to think of it, I can't see the runway from orbit, and I have no chance of making anything as big as the runway.

But don't let us rain on your parade. Go ahead a make one.

:(

I am saddened by this.

I have noticed something related to that distance thing..

Lag. Lag spikes are caused when they are unloaded or reloaded into the scene. a possible reduction in lag could result in the distance in which parts "poof"

Suggestion: Ad a Distance slider in which the parts are loaded dynamically...from Standard 2 KM to Unlimited, with obvious warnings of lag at unlimited.

Objects are only visible under 2.000m. Geosynchronous orbit is 2.868.400m, so I don't think your challenge is possible.

Not entirely correct -if the vehicle is still your focus, then it is visible as far out as you go. I used this to be able to see a 10km wide pumkin model for a video I did.

The only catch is that you can't get entirely on the ground at kerbin from that view, but you can get pretty close.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.