Cannot install chatterer

Using 1.12.X (tried both 1.12.3 and 1.12.4)

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it won't work? Checked every forum post on this I could find.

I have put the "Chatterer" folder in the GameData folder like any other mod installation (Yes I am sure, I have triple checked) and as specified in the installation steps on the mod's page and i've even tried installing it through CKAN.

I think it may be a compatibility issue with another mod? Can't think of what it could be, though.

KSP.log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/wrxmr6ltgmipwzv/KSP.log/file

KSP_x64.gc.log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qshf7j4dv0gzqr3/KSP_x64.gc.log/file

Edited by ParaYouKnowWho

Chatterer doesn't load properly because of an exception loading mods. It looks like a problem with Toolbar Control/Clickthrough Blocker or maybe Engine Light Relit.

"Could not load file or assembly 'ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies"

Spoiler
[LOG 03:19:42.319] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'chatterer' from assembly 'Chatterer'
[ERR 03:19:42.326] [AssemblyLoader] Exception when getting assembly attributes: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'ClickThroughFix.ClearInputLocks:toolbarControl' (4) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

[ERR 03:19:42.328] [AssemblyLoader] Exception when getting assembly attributes: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'EngineLightRelit.DynamicSettings:toolbarControl' (2) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

[EXC 03:19:42.336] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
	System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
	AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.GetPathByType (System.Type type) (at <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0)
	Chatterer.chatterer.Awake () (at <10fd216e6b8c45c3b53d1424dc0db031>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
	AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
	UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[LOG 03:19:42.336] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
ClickThroughBlocker 2.1.10.18 GameData\000_ClickThroughBlocker\Plugins\ClickThroughBlocker.dll

Looks lie you dont have Toolbar Controller mod installed. Its a required dependency for ClickThrough Blocker... among many other mods.

You have TONS of problems in your install. I would install Toolbar Controller, and if the issue persists, post a new log (at the least, adding TC should get rid of a LOT of stuff in your logs)

14 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Looks lie you dont have Toolbar Controller mod installed. Its a required dependency for ClickThrough Blocker... among many other mods.

You have TONS of problems in your install. I would install Toolbar Controller, and if the issue persists, post a new log (at the least, adding TC should get rid of a LOT of stuff in your logs)

Thank you!! this was it! Solved even more issues than I was aware of!

That was silly of me lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.