Srobie Planet Pack (WIP) (OLD THREAD!!!!)

TheEveGuy

Ok, so I dont have access to KSP currently as its at home and I am at college, and I dont exactly know how to do complex colormap with GIMP, so here is an example!

this colormap (yea i know most of it is just white i was lazy and used part of one of my planet's layered map)

M5nE2M9.png

Despite the water looking fairly small, it takes up a large portion of the surface
hAhNLxM.png

Just now, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

Ok, so I dont have access to KSP currently as its at home and I am at college, and I dont exactly know how to do complex colormap with GIMP, so here is an example!

this colormap (yea i know most of it is just white i was lazy and used part of one of my planet's layered map)

M5nE2M9.png

Despite the water looking fairly small, it takes up a large portion of the surface
hAhNLxM.png

Ok I may make Navaho look like that

My plans for the mod are update textures add planets THEN do the Science Definitions.

also srobiea's biome is pretty funny

Navaho is an Icy world flying around Srobie and has the nick name of "the Eye of Srobiea" and Has now been described as the "Lord of rings" By a kerbal who looked at it.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm definitely not a new description

9 minutes ago, MunDude said:

My plans for the mod are update textures add planets THEN do the Science Definitions.

also srobiea's biome is pretty funny

Navaho is an Icy world flying around Srobie and has the nick name of "the Eye of Srobiea" and Has now been described as the "Lord of rings" By a kerbal who looked at it.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm definitely not a new description

lol

Pretty interesting!

Fossil's Core has been exposed by a moon that has formed around Navaho and was destroyed 5 seconds later. A kerbal descirbed it as a "Moldy Caramel Sphere" rather than a moon. KASA has replied saying "yum" Whoever said that should be fired. Get it? "FIRED??"

Fossil's Description.

1 minute ago, MunDude said:

Fossil's Core has been exposed by a moon that has formed around Navaho and was destroyed 5 seconds later. A kerbal descirbed it as a "Moldy Caramel Sphere" rather than a moon. KASA has replied saying "yum" Whoever said that should be fired. Get it? "FIRED??"

Fossil's Description.

Putting Pun Intended taken from Jebspuns.kom at the end of the pun

Finishing on Fossil's Biomes

52 minutes ago, MunDude said:

Fossil's Description.

Putting Pun Intended taken from Jebspuns.kom at the end of the pun

Finishing on Fossil's Biomes

Having kerbals describing stuff as something else in descriptions is fun! One of my moons is described as a jelly filled powdered donut

1 hour ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

like.. just using that texture n stuff?
you may want to add a bunch of variation all over to make it more.. varied and stuff as the white areas are just pure white

Sorry for not responding I re made the texture to look like that is what i meant

36 minutes ago, MunDude said:

Alright Just adding a Few Planetary bodies like Mira and I'll almost be done

I may add science defs soon

I want to make it more Grand Tour-y

Cool! Also my channel name is Skythegoogletranslateguy

Edited by Sky Kerman

3 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

Cool! Also my channel name is Skythegoogletranslateguy

Making Science Defs now

Finished Scatterer for the Planets

EVE hasn't been Implemented yet.

Just now, MunDude said:

Making Science Defs now

Finished Scatterer for the Planets

EVE hasn't been Implemented yet.

one of Mira's science definitions

MiraSrfLanded = Your Suit's Visor Begins to really feel the pressure, Maybe you should get back in the Ship.

Spoiler

SrobieaInSpace = It's orange hue shines bright!
    SrobieaSrfLanded =  huh
    SrobieaInSpaceLow = From this Distance you can see Srobiea is an old soul in a new body.
    MiraInSpace = Srobie burns your eyes. The fact that Mira's Atmopshere Reflects all the light isn't helping 
    MiraSrfLandedMirian Seas = This Compound Resembles Explodium from Eve.
    MiraSrfLanded = The Surface from what you can tell is very sandy, something resembles Duna but Not.
    MiraSrfLandedDrenches = The Surface here looks quite Moist 
    MiraSrfLandedThe Slums = You wonder "Why do they even call it the slums?" you will never have the awnser as you will never come off this planet.
    MiraSrfLandedEroded Plains = This biome slowly cracks the Glass but it's just the outer layer of the glass. 
    MiraInSpaceLow = I hope you brought a Plane for this!
    NreptunInSpace = The Lapis compound in it's atmosphere is very prevalent giving it's very bright hue.
    NreptunSrfLanded = Do you have an Airbase?????
    NreptunInSpaceLow = Jool and Nreptun are vastly different, Due to their colors and like nothing else. What? Rings? oh yeah. 
    DustDevilInSpace = Its striking yellow hue is ahead!
    DustDevilSrfLanded = Dusty!
    DustDevilSrfLandedMidlands = The land here is well... Dusty.
    DustDevilSrfLandedMidlandLake = This looks like a dried out lake, Which could be plausible but they could just be craters.
    DustDevilSrfLandedCraters = These craters are massive!
    DustDevilInSpaceLow = The atmosphere seems to be made of oxygen.
    HaloInSpace =  It's icier than Eeloo! or maybe not.
    HaloSrfLanded = Dont Slip!
    HaloSrfLandedOcean = Its water I guess.
    HaloSrfLandedShores = The Soil here has melted vastly.
    HaloInSpaceLow = Yep. Thats an Ice cube.
    HaloSrfLandedIcelands = Can I eat the ice?
    GranuleInSpace = Butterscotch!!!!!
    GranuleSrfLanded = Is this Butterscotch?
    GranuleSrfLandedButterscotchland = Is this Butterscotch?
    GranuleInSpaceLow = I don't think you can eat it... Depressing...
    FossillInSpace = I would Believe landing in the lava would be a bad idea. Maybe it would give you more science!
    FossillSrfLanded = This Area is Quite Rocky!
    FossillSrfLandedSouth Continent = The south continent has a slight difference from the rocky plains, So it counts as a seperate continent.
    FossillSrfLandedLava Oceans = It's getting real hot... Maybe you should get out of the lava.
    FossillSrfLandedRocky Plains = This Area is Quite Rocky!
    FossillInSpaceLow = Is that a moldy caramel sphere?
    GremInSpace = The Dark surrounds this Beautiful world.
    GremLandedRed Soil = This isn't Duna but It feels like it.
    GremLandedIcecap Crater = The Crater here melted and froze back after 5 days.
    GremLandedDry Icecap = The icecap isn't made of Water Ice its made from Dry ice.
    GremLandedDead Seas = These seas were never alive but we like to think that they were. Not with water... Nooooo... LAVA!!!!
    GremLanded = You have landed. 
    GremInSpaceLow = I can't see it!
    CerymLandedQuarkie = Eikra Kerman was chosen to name this biome so he Reversed his name Arkie and added Qu at the beginning.
    CerymLandedRidges = It's a ridge!
    CerymLandedFissure = Move along Dres canyon! welcome Cerym Fissure!
    CerymLandedC2Crater = Odd colorations...
    CerymLandedC1Craters = More odd colorations...
    CerymInSpaceLow = Get down to Cerym Before you Hit Grem.
    CerymInSpace = Grem Looms ahead!

Spoilers!!! I have Finished (Completely) crew reports and Mystery goo and Eva Repots)  and I'm now working on the Science JR.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.