Build a starship. [For Karfleet officers only]

Attention kerbals!

With the new planets, Karfleet needs somthing to get there faster, stay longer, and go farther.

Your mission: Build a starship.

How a starship is a starship:

You can use the Orbital Construction mod to make it. (there is fix, he says right on the OP)

The starship must have alot of fuel, and be able to make it to Atleast 2 planets, and back to kerbin (only orbiting nesscary, unless you want to make yours intrepid class)

The starship should be big, and go fast.

It must have a "similarity" to it.

Leaderboard:

#1: sephirotic

#2: Sloth

#3: StrangeyD

#4: Iplop

#5:

Rewards:

Intrepid class: Make it land on a planet! (Like VOY)

Galaxy class: Make it able to seperate and connect again.

Look-Alike!: Make it look like the real thing

Powerfull!: Make it able to liftoff from kerbin (SSTO, its a starship, not a rocket)

Now thats some footage!: Make a vid

Sound effects! Edit the engines to play a star trek sound!

Docking!: Make a shuttle be able to undock/dock!

Saving time and money!: Make it all stock.

Rules:

1:NO config editing, Mods however are allowed.

2:Must post pics of being in orbit of two planets, when its built, and when its home.

3:make sure to post pictures in between, because teleporting to planets is ILLEGAL MOVE.

Addtitonal option: insted of Orbital construction, U can use CTRL SHIFT ALT D to give infinite fuel and strength, ONLY to get it into orbit.

Disallowed mods:

Anything that can cheat. (besides Orbital construction) However, Anti-matter antimatter engines mod ARE allowed, but deduct 10 points.

This will be adding up over time. Remember, NERVAS are very good. Especially the novapunch ones. Also, U can use Romfarez lazor system to beam down kerbals on galaxy classes.

MAJOR NOTE:

I said for karfleet officers only.

Karfleet= Starfleet

Therefor, what i mean by starship, is somthing that looks like a STAR TREK starship. Not any other ones.

Here is some pictures:

Intrepid_class_top_quarter_aft.jpgenterprise.jpg

Also, here is my starship: 25ahouo.png Compared to Star_Trek_USS_Enterprise_leaving_orbit_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1600.jpg See what i mean? Only my starship dosent count, because it cant fly :wink:

Edited by The Destroyer

Would an Ion engine count as cheating? It is just an engine that turns electrical energy into thrust. So you could have solar panels to power it. The downside is that it only has about 50 thrust, so it is slow.

Here is the mod : http://kerbal.net/mod.php?id=4

He said "mods are allowed," so go ahead and use it. He didn't specify which mods.

Technically, this challenge's rules are somewhat contradictory.

'Mods but no .cfg edits'

If you were to edit the .cfg file for a part, that'd be a mod in the truest sense of the term. Addon != Mod

-and I'm just being pedantic. ;D

Instead of orbital construction, may we use the developer/cheat panel for infinite fuel/strength for only getting off Kerbin into orbit (and then turning cheats off)?

That is good idea. You may do this. everyone :P just post screenshot showing its off lol.

and, iplop is right.

Once I finish my orbital surveying mission in the U.S.S. Discovery, I will definitely try this out. Can you make it so that Antimatter engines are allowed with no reduction. When I told Scotty that his engines would be liquid fueled, he refused to get on the "flimsy pile of spare parts".

Noone up to this?

Once I finish my orbital surveying mission in the U.S.S. Discovery, I will definitely try this out. Can you make it so that Antimatter engines are allowed with no reduction. When I told Scotty that his engines would be liquid fueled, he refused to get on the "flimsy pile of spare parts".

You realize, there are other parts besides the antimatter engines? For egzample, the FTL drive i did not disqualify. Also, you dont need to get to warp 10, you just need to get to planets.

Edited by The Destroyer

Noone up to this?

My PC simply can't handle any rocket large enough to complete this challenge without ejecting stages. :/

Perhaps if I downloaded a save editor to place a ship in orbit, etc.

But that'd mean installing yet another mod. >.>

Edited by iplop

A starship? I don't know whether this counts, it needs some tweaking here and there to balance out the thrust and stuff(but I'm too lazy).

It's based on the Bentenmaru from the anime Bodacious Space Pirates. It has a hyperjump drive, 4 sunbeam lasers that function as weapons and yeah... that's about it. I included a picture of the Bentenmaru for comparison.

2GY6Z.png

6589b7a6.jpg

It dosent even look like it even vaugly

Isn't what a starship looks like incredibly subjective? "A certain similarity" isn't exactly a brilliant rule and should imho be omited.

I think the reality is that if/when we start building large ships in orbit that never need to enter atmospheres they will probably be big bulky box things. So in my opinion Martonauts design is probably fairly realistic. Saying something isnt a starship because it doesn't look like some fictional starship is rather odd.

If anything disqualifies it (and any other vehicle that will be in this thread while 0.17 is the thing) it is that KSP does not currently have other starsystems to visit and as such it is impossible to prove an interstellar capable flight.

Ok, Ok, i read the rules again, and my ship misses some points indeed, like it dont travel two 2 planets (there was no planets wehen i made the video :P), it detaches and dont attach again... (even if its a lannder.. well its on the rules)

but as sloth said. LOOKS are so relative.. it looks like a starship 2 me .. it even remind me of battlestar galactica online :P .. so i suggest that rules get reconciderd, and just judge the "starships" for its capability of interplanetary travel, docking, etc?