[1.12.5, 1.8.1] ASET Consolidated- Avionics, Props, & IVA Packs (adopted)

Stone Blue

On 2/6/2024 at 1:21 AM, JeromeHeretic said:

And what about Desert airfield navigation? As i was looking, adding new navigation transmiters is not easy. It's defined on so many places. Do you understand to it?

BTW: It was just "nice to have" idea. Is teoreticaly possible build on planet real transmiter (probe core, battery, antenna) as VOR? Let say, i will do transmitter like this, and name it VOR_115.30, si it will be automaticaly visible by ASET pack as VOR on freq 115.30 MHz...

Like that you can do your navigation network on any celestial body, not just on Kerbin (you can do it anyway,  and use it as VOR by selecting it as target, but ASET pack will not see it and you can use it just like target on navball.)

I've added new Nav transmitters for the Making history DLC - but it wasn't a simple change what with  each end of the runway needing to edit a separate file for Lat, Lon, Alt, Freq, LIM/LMM/LOM, Radio stations, Morse code sound files, among other things. 

All of it has been added into Pull Request #6

If it gets accepted, I'll look to update the ASET AEROCHARTS PDF that lists all the frequencies and add an approach map for the Dessert Airfield runways

On 2/5/2024 at 2:52 PM, cyberKerb said:

ASET_ALTIMETER.cfg
change line 23 to: controlledTransform = ALT100_arrow
Add line into 34: controlledTransform = ALT1000_arrow
change line 46 to: controlledTransform = ALT10_arrow

ASET_ALTIMETER_Adv.cfg
Line 24: controlledTransform = ALT100_arrow
Line 36: controlledTransform = ALT1000_arrow
Line 48: controlledTransform = ALT10_arrow

So this is working only partialy. Tiny hand is OK, it is showing tenth of thousand now. But hundred hand an thousand hand functionality is swapped.

But i don't understand why.  As im looking in configs, it looks correct to me.  ALT100, where is modulo 1000 and ALT1000 where is modulo 10 000 should work correctly IMO, but don't...:-/

EDIT: At the end i found, that it is problem only in Mk2 inline IVA retro cockpit, so it is error in setup of this IVA. In other cockpits altimeter works correctly.

On 2/11/2024 at 5:43 AM, cyberKerb said:

but it wasn't a simple change what with  each end of the runway needing to edit a separate file for Lat, Lon, Alt, Freq, LIM/LMM/LOM, Radio stations, Morse code sound files, among other things. 

Yes,  it was completely W.T.F for me, when i was looking for...

Edited by JeromeHeretic

• 5 months later...

Heyyyy, so I'm noticing some switches in the Mk1-25 CMD Pod to the left and above the Mission Commander's seat, what are these and what are they used for? Or what are they used for IRL? Or if they're not real, what would they do if they were?

The image paste thing is being mean so uh.. hope this works?

https://imgur.com/a/whats-these-switches-TJcxT0P